Disney Tron Statue-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spizz

Freakalicious
Reaction score
https://disneyauctions.go.com/

- Only 150 Made
- $150
- Looks like 1/4 Scale
- Very Cool light up.

img2617591.jpg

Oh man, that's brutal! They did it right too with the light up feature. The TRON logo on the base looks a little vertically stretched and needs to have the correct shading. I'll have to check some stills when I get the time to make sure the circuitry lines are correct, but they look pretty darn close. I can't tell if that's a good Boxleitner sculpt, pic is too small. I can't friggin believe Disney. They hardly ever have any TRON merch (mostly pins), then they go an do something beautiful like this and make it a) limited edition, which would be fine, except b) it's an AUCTION. I can't help but feel this is somehow a response to the poor sales of the second wave of 50th anniversary merchandise and to push people to buy it they're running limited edition auctions for what normally should be an open ended edition website/ park item. Oh well. I guess I've ranted enough.

I always wanted TRON figures in a large scale (the Medicom RAH100 figs were excellent except for the lack of cut biceps, but the vinyl dolls looked horrible). Sideshow, if you're listening.... Just need to find a way to do the costumes properly, but that's a huge hurdle.

I know the exact picture I will use to display this piece with!!!

portrait.jpg

LOL

Tron Guy is too funny.

Gruson said:

portrait.jpg

LOL

Tron Guy is too funny.

Apparently great minds DO think alike! :rotfl

Gruson said:

portrait.jpg

LOL

Tron Guy is too funny.

obviously the lights are not the only one "poping" out :cool:

I'm giving a lot of thought to putting in a bid. There are only 57 bids so far. With 100 at auction, perhaps it won't go over the list price in the end.

Dear heavenly merciful father, that picture is SO sick. When I close my eyes to go to sleep tonight, that is all that I will see. That guy will be laughing and spinning circles while only his head laughs in the circle zooming in and out. Oh dear god, I can see it now. Thanks for the visuals. :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor

congerking said:
Dear heavenly merciful father, that picture is SO sick. When I close my eyes to go to sleep tonight, that is all that I will see. That guy will be laughing and spinning circles while only his head laughs in the circle zooming in and out. Oh dear god, I can see it now. Thanks for the visuals. :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor

:rotfl :lol :rotfl :D :D

Glad I nabbed one. Congrats to all that did.

Dutch auction is now closed. 121 bids for the 100 peice offering that never exceeded $150 opening bid.

I was getting worried there for a moment. Something like 30 bids during the last 12 hours. I don't think many people realized that for a dutch auction, it's better to bid early than to come in with a high $$ bid at the end. I'm just glad it didn't go beyond $150. Anyone able to check out online yet?

I called on monday to ask why there were only 100 out of the 150 up for auction (I was wondering if maybe they were holding some back to either sell outright or maybe something special like cast/ crew signatures, etc.). Guest relations didn't know much but suspected that it was just a feeler for popularity and that if they sold well, the rest would be released later. Didn't make much sense since they don't lose any money if they don't sell; the lower quantity just serves to possibly drive the final price higher. Anyway, there may be hope for any of you that missed it.

I saw that I was a winning bidder now that things have ended, but some of the early bidders didn't win, so maybe I just got lucky. The checkout isn't up just yet though. This hopefully looks as nice as the picture, so thanks again to Shaun-O, who first sent out a link. Maybe we can expect to get Flynn or Sark, but I am just happy I got one!

Yeah, I noticed the other day that some of the earlier bidders were not winning. I believe they may have retracted their bid, or they bid only the inital $150 while all other bidders probably bid a few $$ more than the starting bid, displacing them.

the postman just delivered mine. has anyone else received/opened theirs? comments? I'm just curious if people are happy with it, or if they are sending it to eBay.

ZombieReign said:
the postman just delivered mine. has anyone else received/opened theirs? comments? I'm just curious if people are happy with it, or if they are sending it to eBay.

Pics please. I still haven't paid my bill yet. I think we had 10 days to pay and it is probably due very soon before they cancel.

Back