Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is fantastic news and I really think it is what the Star Wars franchise needed.

Loosening Georges grip on Star Wars can only be a good thing :yess:

Why not? Isn't that the next 3 parts for star wars going forward? It must happen must I say! Darth talon or fail and these films must be all rated R now since we are all grown up now!!!! No jar jar ok? :wink1:

Star Wars going forward means entirely new stories. No way will they adapt anything, especially not Legacy.

This is fantastic news and I really think it is what the Star Wars franchise needed.

Loosening Georges grip on Star Wars can only be a good thing :yess:

it's funny how the best thing Lucas could have done for this franchise was to sell it, the only good thing he has done so far :lol

Why not? Isn't that the next 3 parts for star wars going forward? It must happen must I say! Darth talon or fail and these films must be all rated R now since we are all grown up now!!!! No jar jar ok? :wink1:

Darth Talon time period is hundreds of years after the events of ROTJ.

Go Old Republic timeline IMO, the Skywalker story is told and its time to move on.

No kidding. They ain't forking over 4 bill only to allow George to still have "veto" power over anything. :lol

I can't figure out where folks are making the connection to possibility that Diz getting LFL is going suddenly make getting the "original" versions of the OT available on blu-ray a possibilty....

Are you kidding? This is the company that won't release "South of the South" on blu-ray,DVD or anything else. Disney is just as good at forgetting it's own past when it's convenient or "raping" it's own childhood with legacy-damaging direct to video sequels...

SW OT fans demanding the "originals" aren't going to find any sympathy there...if anything, expect even more hideous cringe-inducing crossovers...

Remember, this little merger makes Leia a Disney Princess now....cringing, yet?

it's funny how the best thing Lucas could have done for this franchise was to sell it, the only good thing he has done so far :lol

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but all this is yet to be seen. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Part of me has a sinking feeling that Disney might be more apt to cater to those (younger gen) that love the prequels more than us old guys who love the OT. The prequelphiles will be around a lot longer than those of us who grew up on the OT.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

I don't understand why people think of Mickey and child S__t when Thinking of disney making a movie,

Disney made Tron Legacy, was not child oriented,
Jhon Carter (even thought no one saw it) Not child oriented.

plus the movies that Disney had to do with like:
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Disney doesn't only do crappy cartoons you know...:slap

The Pirates of the Caribbean movies HAVE to count for something.... yes a lot of kids like them but they are not children's movies, you have pirates sword fighting and drinking, seriously why all the negativity for Disney, they know now to make a good family movie, (that means Everyone in the family can enjoy)
that is pretty much what the Original star wars movies were, movies that everyone could enjoy together.

What a gutpunch to 20th Century Fox though, it'll be strange not having the Fox fanfare leading into the beginning of a new live-action SW film. And was the Director's Guild requirement to show a director credit at the beginning of the film ever revoked or will that be another change to the opening "format" since Lucas will no longer be helming?

You, Sir, are a Nerd.

BB

the market will now be completely saturated with Star Wars items and along the way someone will completely ruin the "classy-ness" of the franchise. there goes my appetite for collecting.

the market will now be completely saturated with Star Wars items and along the way someone will completely ruin the "classy-ness" of the franchise. there goes my appetite for collecting.

So nothing new? :lol

I don't understand why people think of Mickey and child S__t when Thinking of disney making a movie,

Disney made Tron Legacy, was not child oriented,
Jhon Carter (even thought no one saw it) Not child oriented.

plus the movies that Disney had to do with like:
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Disney doesn't only do crappy cartoons you know...:slap

The Pirates of the Caribbean movies HAVE to count for something.... yes a lot of kids like them but they are not children's movies, you have pirates sword fighting and drinking, seriously why all the negativity for Disney, they know now to make a good family movie, (that means Everyone in the family can enjoy)
that is pretty much what the Original star wars movies were, movies that everyone could enjoy together.

Mentioning National Treasure, Sorcerer's Apprentice and Tron Legacy is not filling me with confidence.

I will say this, I am quite the fan of Disney's animation, not all of it, but much of it. I certainly dont think of them as crappy cartoons.

Actually, you don't have to have a director credit in the opening of the movie. A lot of flicks don't. None of the Marvel Movies did, except for Iron Man 2.

I think Disney has vindicated themselves of all the fan angst from when they bought Marvel. Star Wars is an even better fit.

Disney makes movies and actually wants people to enjoy them. There won't be any more Jar Jar crap. There will be a collaboration making the next film instead of George and a bunch of people afraid to say 'no'.

I'm glad to see Disney buy LFL. Star Wars and Indy are in good hands. Better than if 20th Century or Paramont wound up owning them.

Mentioning National Treasure, Sorcerer's Apprentice and Tron Legacy is not filling me with confidence.

I will say this, I am quite the fan of Disney's animation, not all of it, but much of it. I certainly dont think of them as crappy cartoons.

I know those movies suck but they were not completely done By Disney,
the point I am saying is that Disney doesn't only do Kid's Sh__t, They know how to do live action movies, those were just some examples, Mickey never appeared in Tron or Goofy or anything, it was a Grown up movie that everyone could enjoy, just like Pirates.

My only point is that the people saying this will have mickey showing up in the movie sound very clueless, that makes no sense,

Even the Ride Star Wars tours is pretty good and doesn't have any kiddie crap in it, I really don't understand why people are jumping on the Kid friendly hate bandwagon when Pirates is not even that kid friendly in the first place

(im talking in general, not about what you said)

Back