Disney Purchasing FOX. Bryan Singer Swims Alone.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DISNEY Acquires FOX Film/TV Studios! X-Men, F4, Deadpool Join the MCU! Raise a gl

Question is, how do you introduce mutants when they could have contributed to world ending events like Ultron and Thanos? Perhaps they were just keeping a low profile? Or is there some big event that makes people mutants? I think Feige will go with the former.

Re: DISNEY Acquires FOX Film/TV Studios! X-Men, F4, Deadpool Join the MCU! Raise a gl

My problem with the ''low profile'' thing is....why would they? Why would they need to in a world that knows all about superheroes and supervillains? Surely mutants would just be blending in with them. This dude has superpowers because he got bitten by a special spider - this dude has superpowers because of genetic mutation. What would that matter to the general public? At face value it's all the same thing.

I posted this in another thread, but you do know that critics do get paid off, more access, etc. for favorable reviews, right? I don't trust anyone, except for my own opinion. Always best to see it for yourself.

No, I don't know that, and neither do you. Seriously, conspiracy theories are so tired.

Well, in the comics the celestials put the X gene in humans and it took thousands of years for mutants to emerge, so they can go with that idea.

Then again aliens didn't show up on earth until Thor and later Avengers, so that means until that point humans on earth hand no idea tat there were other worlds and universes, hell even magic...in Asia and New York city. Humans are just clueless. :lol

So the concept of mutants could be either a brand new phenomenon, due to genetic manipulation by Celestials like Kurt Russell that occurred thousands of years ago, or mutants have been around for thousands of years and they became a myth...stories from the bible, the middle ages, Asian myths...etc., but the world governments knew about it to the point that maybe mutant babies are killed or taken away. It's only the human looking mutants that manage to assimilate and live among normal humans, which would explain Xavier's desire to find as many mutants as possible and creating a safe place for them in the Xavier School for special children.

As to why do everyday people don't know about it, or why the mutants feel the need to hide when there are all these well known super heroes? Perhaps mutants were afraid, but they begin to come out of the closet (sort of speak) because of the popular heroes.

These are just ideas, but I really do't want to go full SNIKT with fan fiction that won't be used by Disney and instead the MCU just introduces mutants without any logical explanation, because that would be disappointing and lazy.

I just hope Disney doesn't nerf the X Men too much.

No, I don't know that, and neither do you. Seriously, conspiracy theories are so tired.

Yes, I do. Inside Edition did a story on a film critic that happens to be in my area (Kansas City) and he even admitted that he got a paid vacations.

"How do some bad movies get such glowing reviews? Perhaps it's because the studios sometimes shower critics like Edwards with goodie bags and free trips to places like England, France and Moscow."
https://www.insideedition.com/investigative/7400-movie-blurbs-the-inside-story

Just cause it's their job doesn't mean they are honest.

Well, in the comics the celestials put the X gene in humans and it took thousands of years for mutants to emerge, so they can go with that idea.

Then again aliens didn't show up on earth until Thor and later Avengers, so that means until that point humans on earth hand no idea tat there were other worlds and universes, hell even magic...in Asia and New York city. Humans are just clueless. :lol

So the concept of mutants could be either a brand new phenomenon, due to genetic manipulation by Celestials like Kurt Russell that occurred thousands of years ago, or mutants have been around for thousands of years and they became a myth...stories from the bible, the middle ages, Asian myths...etc., but the world governments knew about it to the point that maybe mutants babies are killed or taken away. It's only the human looking mutants that manage to assimilate and live among normal humans, which would explain Xavier's desire to find as many mutants as possible and creating a safe place for them in the Xavier School for special children.

As to why do everyday people don't know about it, or why the mutants feel the need to hide when there are all these well known super heroes? Perhaps mutants were afraid, but they begin to come out of the closet (sort of speak) because of the popular heroes.

These are just ideas, but I really do't want to go full SNIKT with fan fiction that won't be used by Disney and instead the MCU just introduces mutants without any logical explanation, because that would be disappointing and lazy.

I just hope Disney doesn't nerf the X Men too much.

I think making Mutants a contemporaneous thing could hurt certain important characters like Wolverine, or Magneto. The only way to go is making sure Mutants have been around in some way shape or form.

I think making Mutants a contemporaneous thing could hurt certain important characters like Wolverine, or Magneto. The only way to go is making sure Mutants have been around in some way shape or form.

Wolverine can easily be put in WW2 along with CA. In a way, the fact that the first CA movie rushed Steve Roger's military career by using a montage, could benefit Wolverine if they were to show him during WW2 in some kind of flashback scene where the two characters work together briefly.

Magneto on the other hand, they'll have to find a way to de-age him in the present if they make him a holocaust survivor, but if they do, they could also tie his mutant background with Hitler and Red Skull. Perhaps in the MCU history Hitler was a mutant hater, and thus, that's one of the many reasons he tried to killed certain people, as he did in real life with people with disabilities and anyone who wasn't healthy and "pure." Or, Hitler knew about mutants and thus wanted Red Skull to find a way to create super humans for his army...which could be connected to the first CA film. In fact, the whole super serum from CA could be connected with the government wanting to replicate the powers of mutants or as a way to fight mutants if necessary.

Again, that's more pointless fan fiction :lol

DISNEY Acquires FOX Film/TV Studios! X-Men, F4, Deadpool Join the MCU! Raise a glass!

Wolverine can easily be put in WW2 along with CA. In a way, the fact that the first CA movie rushed Steve Roger's military career by using a montage, could benefit Wolverine if they were to show him during WW2 in some kind of flashback scene where the two character work together briefly.

Magneto on the other hand, they'll have to find a way to de-age him in the present if they make him a holocaust survivor, but if they do, they could also tie his mutant background with Hitler and Red Skull. Perhaps in the MCU history Hitler was a mutant hater, and thus, that's one of the many reasons he tried to killed certain people, as he did in real life with people with disabilities and anyone who wasn't healthy and "pure." Or, Hitler knew about mutants and thus wanted Red Skull to find a way to create super humans for his army...which could be connected to the first CA film. In fact, the whole super serum from CA could be connected with the government wanting to replicate the powers of mutants or as a way to fight mutants if necessary.

Again, that's more pointless fan fiction :lol

That’s some pretty good fan fiction, I’m all for that, I’m just trying to look at it from the POV of fanboys. They got their X-Men back, I suspect they’re going to want everyone and everything as close to the source material as possible. Somethings gotta give. I mean if Wolverine was in WW2 fighting with Cap he’d have to be a mutant right? How else do they explain him being in his physical prime in present day.

The Magneto thing would really be a tough sell, as well for many of these characters because most of these characters are defined by growing up As Mutants. Im sure they’ll figure out a way to bring them in, but also, I don’t think fans will care how contrived the explanation is, I mean, Spider-Man was pretty sloppily introduced into the MCU and nobody seemed to care, they were just happy he was in the film so we probably should even over think a good explanation :lol

Yup, they skipped Spidey's origin, which I don't mind, and they used a quick youtube video on a phone as the character's background/5 month history in the MCU. :lol

They'll have to try harder with the X Men. The F4 is easy, and all the cosmic stuff involving the X Men and F4 is already taken care of because of GOTG and Avenger films.

Yup, they skipped Spidey's origin, which I don't mind, and they used a quick youtube video on a phone as the character's background/5 month history in the MCU. :lol

They'll have to try harder with the X Men. The F4 is easy, and all the cosmic stuff involving the X Men and F4 is already taken care of because of GOTG and Avenger films.

I was actually talking about how he was introduced in Civil War. He’s recruited out of nowhere by Stark which felt extremely forced because he needed even numbers in a fight? Which is ridiculous considering he could have just built like 10 robots to join in on the fight. I’m fine with skipping his origin, but they literally just threw him in the middle of the movie and then literally threw him right out. His movie did a decent enough job establishing him in the universe though.

Yea F4 is definitely easy.

I was actually talking about how he was introduced in Civil War. He’s recruited out of nowhere by Stark which felt extremely forced because he needed even numbers in a fight? Which is ridiculous considering he could have just built like 10 robots to join in on the fight. I’m fine with skipping his origin, but they literally just threw him in the middle of the movie and then literally threw him right out. His movie did a decent enough job establishing him in the universe though.

Yea F4 is definitely easy.

I was talking about CW too. Tony shows the youtube video of Spidey and then they talk about why Peter became spidey, but you know what, I don't think he mentioned uncle Ben either, just that he needed to stop bad things from happening to good people, so even his motivation was very vague and lazy.

I was talking about CW too. Tony shows the youtube video of Spidey and then they talk about why Peter became spidey, but you know what, I don't think he mentioned uncle Ben either, just that he needed to stop bad things from happening to good people, so even his motivation was very vague and lazy.

Oh man I barely remember that movie. I just remember him being in that movie didn’t really make much sense at all :lol

Lol come to think of it tony could of called in one of his robots to fights with him.

I'm pretty sure Parker was talking about his Uncle Ben during that statement about bad things happening if you have his kind of abilities but do nothing.

The way he looks all sullen and sad while saying it got the point across to me ... I just think they were trying to get away from explicitly telling that story over again for the third time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the points proven here just go to show that CW is the second worst MCU installment. :lecture

Instead stark decided to put a kid in danger. Wasn’t it his motivation to join with the government because some kid died due to him basically being the reason Ultron existed. That movie is a mess :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comics Explained on YouTube had an interesting proposal in which Professor X essentially used Cerebro to wipe the entire planet's memory of mutant's existence from everyone (possibly stemming from the first team's battle against Magneto)..allowing them to operate more clandestinely and explaining why the rest of the MCU characters-at-large do not know who they are up until they are "revealed" again. I thought this was an interesting idea to bring forward and explains why suddenly mutants are "around" again and where they've been.

I hope they can get some cameos by Evans and show him alongside Wolverine. I wonder if Marvel is actually re-considering the "POSSIBLE" plans to kill off some MCU characters like Steve Rogers. Outside of the INFINITY WAR Duology, AVENGERS vs. X-MEN would be YUUUUUUGGGEEE. I know a lot of us WANT to see the new incarnations of the X-Men go against the classic Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc.

Back