Diorama Spiderman death of Gwen stacy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So why/how are these photos just surfacing now (unless Tony posted them on his website just now)? Someone needs to email him and ask if this is in the works for Sideshow. I can't see why he couldn't answer that, at the very least.

If so, this will be THE Spider-Man piece to own. I loved all of the pieces Sideshow has released to date, but this just takes it to an all-new level. Granted, the paint app. can make or break the piece, but this has great potential written all over it. I'm in awe.

Thanks for posting this, electroshock.

Looks fantastic, the VS diorama line should never have been scrapped, it had so much potential.

This dynamic dio is a hell of better than those recent lame 1/9 scale team dioramas.

Tony put these up on his Facebook page last November and labeled it as an "Unproduced Piece"

It's all about Premium Formats now. And the occasional Legendary Scale Figure, Life Size Bust and Classics Bronze.

Scale obviously matters to this group but I think if the comiquettes, dioramas, legendary scale busts, etc. were better, more people would buy. There's obvious stand outs like the Hulk and Angel Comiquettes which were successful enough to get repaints. Bowen and Koto continue to churn out small scale statues all the time, so the market is there.

It's sad this one went unproduced :( because I probably would have bought it, but that just leaves me money for something else more important :)

Cool idea but the Green Goblin looks nothing like Romita's version. In fact it looks like Sideshow's crazy version they've used for every Goblin piece they've done. Romita's Goblin mask, updated from the original Ditko design is one of the coolest of all comic character designs. It's iconic. What in the world made Tony C decide to do this statue based half on Romita art and the other half on whatever you call that Goblin sculpt?

BB

Norman looks intense...that would've been a bada$$ PF.
189689_377911622296092_713027111_n.jpg

Actually, thin the ears just a bit and Toy Biz nailed the classic Romita Green Goblin...

GreenGoblin03.jpg

BB

Damn! That would have been amazing! Why would SSC scrap a great piece like this??

Back