Digital comics?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great collection, xYx! Very jealous of those Earth X and Planet Hulk hardcovers. I gotta track those suckers down!

And yeah, that shelf destroys a digital library any day of the week :lol:

Great collection, xYx! Very jealous of those Earth X and Planet Hulk hardcovers. I gotta track those suckers down!

And yeah, that shelf destroys a digital library any day of the week :lol:

Thanks bud! :1-1:
Had to double check when you mentioned Earth X, forgot I had that. :lol

I've found a happy medium of weekly comics digital and the epic comics I like in hardcover omnibus etc

I've found a happy medium of weekly comics digital and the epic comics I like in hardcover omnibus etc

:goodpost: As much as I am enjoying these digital comics I love and I mean love my hardcovers/Absolute editions of some of my books.

Yeah and the great thing is that marvel seem to be putting digital codes into graphic novels like the adamantium collection

I collect comics to read but also to one day sell them all and profit. I find it exciting to see an issue that you own go up in value and to be able to flip it for more money. I own every issue of The Walking Dead and it feels awesome to know I payed $3 an issue and can sell them for thousands.

Besides that, I wonder if revealing or using the digital codes on comics (like the marvel NOW or DC combo packs) brings down the value. Does anybody know?

I'm not sure on that one but if I get a variant that. Want to keep I don't use the code on it. I buy another digital copy so I don't have to read it

I collect comics to read but also to one day sell them all and profit. I find it exciting to see an issue that you own go up in value and to be able to flip it for more money. I own every issue of The Walking Dead and it feels awesome to know I payed $3 an issue and can sell them for thousands.

Besides that, I wonder if revealing or using the digital codes on comics (like the marvel NOW or DC combo packs) brings down the value. Does anybody know?

Honestly most modern comic books don't go up in value. In fact most of them go down in value. The walking Dead being one of the exception because of the popular tv show.

Almost all NEW 52 have greatly increased in value, Batman by Snyder is a great example. Another good example is Superior Spiderman, that is slowly increasing. All New Xmen has been increasing quite well. Daredevil has gone up a fair amount. Lots of Image titles such as Thief of Thieves, Chew, the Revival, Saga..... the list goes on. All of the above have seen fair to significant increases in value.

I find that the variants do well but the standard editions don't go up too much.
I don't have the space to watch them go up in value lol

lol I hear ya. These days alot of standard covers are going up in value very well. All that I had listed as going up in value were based on the standard covers.

Almost all NEW 52 have greatly increased in value, Batman by Snyder is a great example. Another good example is Superior Spiderman, that is slowly increasing. All New Xmen has been increasing quite well. Daredevil has gone up a fair amount. Lots of Image titles such as Thief of Thieves, Chew, the Revival, Saga..... the list goes on. All of the above have seen fair to significant increases in value.

Sadly they will all go back down in price in time I think. Hey I could be wrong and I hope I am, because I would like to get rid of some Comics and make something off them. Chew will go down well it already is going down. TV show got cancelled therefor people aren't buying them up in hopes of them turning into something like The Walking Dead. Even though they are going up in value I don't see these titles hitting the thousands like some of the older books, but if someone wants to offer me a thousand bucks I'm not going to deny them the book :lol

Also what is this book The Revival? It is by Image? I've never heard of it, but I do love me a good Image book.

Revival is a dead coming back to life type of book. Little different then zombies though. By Tim Seeley.

PROS

No need for storage, more room for statue boxes!!!
Can be read in the dark
Feels better in my hand than paper
REALLY cool to have a HUGE comic collection in your hand that is the size of 1 comic book
You keep the comics forever and offline readable
Can take print screen shots of your favorite pages
No gas money and inconvience of going to comic shop
No need to spend time bagging and boarding
No need to buy bags and boards
Your girlfriend/wife won't know you are buying lots of comics

Cons
Some people like the feel of paper better
Some people like having a graphic novel/comic collection
No resell value

PROS
Your girlfriend/wife won't know you are buying lots of comics

Lol, the best pro I have seen yet!

I will say one thing, for those that are FOR digital, at least the Marvel NOW 3.99 books, they come with a digital code. So you can get the best of both worlds! Just grab the code and sell the comic. Or for those that are FOR physical copies, keep the books and sell the codes.

Just for information from buying these for a few months now I've worked out the daily releases

Monday: sale
Tuesday: new free comics
Wednesday : new comics day
Thursday: new collections day
Friday: sale

Weekend : occasional sale

Back