Difference between Quarter Scale Maquette & Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same size, difference is PF has real fabric added to the statue while a maquette is fully sculpted.

... Except when some PF's are fully sculpted (Wonder Woman) and some Maquettes are mix media (Hulk Maquette).

... Except when some PF's are fully sculpted (Wonder Woman) and some Maquettes are mix media (Hulk Maquette).

That's what I was going to say. My guess is the differences come down to wether they get help from another company on it. IE Legacy.

Hi,

What is the difference between Quarter Scale Maquette & Premium Format ?

Thanks you...

The Difference between 1/4 scale, Commiquette and Maquette

The subject to of many a debate, in case you wondered what was correct, this was a answered question from ask Sideshow.

"Premium Format typically denotes that there is some fabric element in the product, or a great deal of metal or other mixed media element. Premium Format is nearly always 1/4 scale. Commiquette is typically full sculpture and all poly-stone, and scale can vary, though there often 1/6 to 1/5 scale and sometimes in fact the are 1/4 scale. Maquette is typically reserved for our Higher-End products or those that were in fact taken from Film Production Source material, where they served as true Maquttes for character design artists and costume fabricators.
We can see how this might be a little confusing, but in truth we try to orchestrate these three lines in a way that allows multiple to interpret some characters, while allowing to display complementary characters from various formats in aesthetically pleasing way.
Sometimes there are (Oddballs) because of the execution just feels right for the character. We don't expect any big chances from Disney Marvel acquisition, except possibly greater opportunity to capture the worlds Greatest Hero or Villains"

The only thing I can add is to the Premium Format and/or Maquette is when they used the term metal they where also eluding to light-up features.

I hope this Helped Jamyz and Welcome to the Show

Be Cool
Al

I believe they now use Premium Format as a label if the statue has a higher than 25% chance of having googly eyes.

The Difference between 1/4 scale, Commiquette and Maquette

The subject to of many a debate, in case you wondered what was correct, this was a answered question from ask Sideshow.

"Premium Format typically denotes that there is some fabric element in the product, or a great deal of metal or other mixed media element. Premium Format is nearly always 1/4 scale. Commiquette is typically full sculpture and all poly-stone, and scale can vary, though there often 1/6 to 1/5 scale and sometimes in fact the are 1/4 scale. Maquette is typically reserved for our Higher-End products or those that were in fact taken from Film Production Source material, where they served as true Maquttes for character design artists and costume fabricators.
We can see how this might be a little confusing, but in truth we try to orchestrate these three lines in a way that allows multiple to interpret some characters, while allowing to display complementary characters from various formats in aesthetically pleasing way.
Sometimes there are (Oddballs) because of the execution just feels right for the character. We don't expect any big chances from Disney Marvel acquisition, except possibly greater opportunity to capture the worlds Greatest Hero or Villains"

The only thing I can add is to the Premium Format and/or Maquette is when they used the term metal they where also eluding to light-up features.

I hope this Helped Jamyz and Welcome to the Show

Be Cool
Al

:goodpost: :lecture

I believe they now use Premium Format as a label if the statue has a higher than 25% chance of having googly eyes.

LOL! :D

Back