Die Hard 6 is a Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they're probably not going to cover John and Holly's split, because they seem to want it to take place in 1979 (why the hell are '70s period pieces so popular these days?) when McClane was still basically a rookie. Maybe they can make a movie about him writing parking tickets for two hours.

Or spotting phony IDs for two hours.

I say bring it on- Willis is too old for the part now and frankly not big enough a box office draw to interest Fox in building another DH around him.

GOOD GOOGLY Hollywood is desperate and has no idea when to STOP.:slap:cuckoo::lol On Netflix a month after release and still wont watch it.

AND Len Wiseman to boot. :slap

See, to me that is the only good news.

Warning Rant coming..... Not Directed at you Wor-Gar :)

I will never ever get the hate for Live Free or Die Hard. Even if you don't think it's a "Die Hard" film it's still a great action film... As for not being a "Die Hard" film well I disagree... IMO it's the only true sequel in the series.

Die Hard 2... Sure it's in one location... But the film is just not good. Renny Harlin has proven over and over to not be a good director and this is no better then his other work. It also has some of the worst one liners. The action is boring (awful use of Slow motion at times),unexciting and the Villain is uninteresting.. No great Back and Forth between him and McClane. Dennis Franz is awful and he is lucky someone cast him in NYPD Blue. Best part of the film is Fred Dalton Thompson.

Die Hard with a Vengeance - So the creators thought that having Hans' brother in this one would be all that it would take to make this a great Die Hard film... Sorry but IMO it's a miss. It's no a bad film... It's just the least Die Hard film in the series. The whole film is McClane running around the city looking for riddles. Sam Jackson is.... Well Sam JAckson and the film would be no different without him. He got the part because Pulp Fiction was huge. The action also focused on lots of other cops running around looking for bombs... I watch a Die Hard film for McClane not Kicking Bird :) But the biggest crime in this film is that McClae has very little one on one action with the terrorists. He has the GREAT elevator scene when he is surrounded by the three bad guys (actually one of the series best moments) but very little after that. And Jeremy Irons as Simon is Hans' brother by name... But he is no Hans Gruber... Not even close.. If he was not Hans' brother I don't think people would give this character any credit at all.

Live Free and Die Hard... Sure it takes place all over the place but it sticks John in a situation were he is clearly over his head... Technology. It's the reason that Justin Long works.. He has to be there. Otherwise McClane has no chance from the beginning. Justin was a great sidekick and the exact opposite of the Hard headed McClane. The Villain played by Timothy Olyphant.... I see hate get thrown this way.. WTF?? It's Timothy Olyphant!!! He is IMO the closest thing to Hans in in any of the sequels. He is smarter then McClane but underestimates him the whole way and has great Back and forth discussions with him. plus Timothy Olyphant is interesting all the time... I don't get why people complain about him. The action in this film is the best since the first film and much of it is practical and not CGI. Sure some of it is.. but not to the point of being distracting. Plus John is always fighting the Terrorist when ever there is an action scene... it's not just chasing riddles and bombs around a city while the villains are somewhere else completely.

I read people complain that McClane is a Superhero in this film and not an average guy... 2 things. 1st... In Die Hard 2 and 3 he is pretty much a super hero and survives many impossible situations without a scratch.. I guess the fact that he has a headache makes people think of him as the everyman but he is just as much a "superhero" as in LFODH. Having said that... McClane does not become a "superhero" until he finds out they take his daughter... He then becomes a man on a mission and more "Rambo" like... But there is a reason... Its his daughter... those with kids should understand. Even then the scenes after that are great. There is one eye rolling moment... The Wing of the plane scene... Pretty goofy... But I have more of an issue with him simply waling away from it like nothing happened. Have him limp away in great paint and I would give it more of a pass. But it is the only real flaw in an otherwise pretty great Die Hard film. The other complaint I read... Its PG-13... Where is the swearing... Which leads me to

A Good Day to Die Hard - You got your swearing... See what happens when you get what you wish for ;)

Having said all this... The idea of a prequel sounds awful. As many have said... He is an average guy... His origin story should be pretty boring.

All of this is just my opinion of course. I love the original Die Hard.. Have ever since I saw it in the theaters. I took the girl who became my wife to see that film on our first date:) Die Hard 2 was always a let down and not a very good film that has gotten worse with time. Part 3 while better then 2 was just lacking the things that I thought made Die Hard special... IMO LFODH was the only other film in the series that gave me that fun feeling that the original had. Having said that... It is still a far cry from the original but that is one of the greatest films of all time so of course it's not going to be as good :)

My Die Hard ranking.

1. Die Hard
2. Die Hard 3
3. Live Free or Die Hard (4) - He doesn't look like John McClane :(
4. Die Hard 2 - He wears an ugly sweater and the action is not very memorable,imo.
5. Die Hard 5 - Bruce Willis playing Bruce Willis and his son sucks.

My Die Hard ranking.

1. Die Hard
2. Die Hard 3
3. Live Free or Die Hard (4) - He doesn't look like John McClane :(
4. Die Hard 2 - He wears an ugly sweater and the action is not very memorable,imo.
5. Die Hard 5 - Bruce Willis playing Bruce Willis and his son sucks.

Agreed on every one.

Back