didn't know where else to put this but has anyone else noticed......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulprovider17

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
that lately with these new rubberized bodies coming out that hot toys seems to be taking some shortcuts on quality with certain things, now before the flame war begins hear me out. I'm a newb in a sense that I have only four different hot toys with my first being the big chap alien, then joker, then wesker and finally chris. Now when I bought the alien it was for 130 at the time and when the hand peg snapped off because some of the rubber jammed the peg in it didn't bother me as much or the fact that I have to put it back in the box because it didn't have a stand to keep it from tipping over with any vibration, then I got the deluxe joker which was very well done and although the parts were fragile it held together almost perfectly.
Now we come to wesker, apparently version 1 with the snake eyes instead of the red eyes. I would have preferred the red eyes but the snake eyes are growing on me, now first off the feel of the jacket is just off, I through they would have gotten some sort of rubberish material so that it felt like a ribber jacket but I can live with that, then I noticed the back of the head was slightly discolored, but I can live with that, then I learned how you had to nearly pop the head off to turn the teeny tiny switch to light up the eyes, once again I can live with that, then the knife holster broke, once again I can live with that since i'm not planning on selling wesker but now we get to chris which is the newest member of my collection and was only released recently, now I spent two hours painstakingly putting the accessories that are supposed to go with the figure on, here is what I am beginning to find as really annoying, first off the left hand can barely stay in, enough movement and the hand pushes itself out of the socket and had already fallen off twice, the accessories have to be carefully woven onto the belt, the earphone won't stay on, I finally managed to jammed in into the ear so it doesn't pop out the back, the compass broke while trying to slide it onto the belt, the knife holder peeled off while trying to place it on the back(literally peeled off I could see the adhesive stretching, couldn't hold and wound up falling off), the Velcro sections are actually peeling off because the Velcro is too strong for the adhesive used, the BSAA emblems fell off, I had to reapply them, not to mention articulation, what the photos don't show you is that you can only pose chris in those formations, anything else is extremely limited. Now sorry for that wall of text but I needed to vent, essentially I have noticed over the past 4 figures that quality on the figures is increasing but the quality of the accessories and posabillity of these figures is drasticallly being reduced. This is why I am seriously concerned about getting anything beyond the t-800 coming out shortly. I want to find out if anyone else has noticed this so I am not alone on this.

The rubber bodies aren't as posable, true, but they're getting better. And as I remember it the Aliens Marines sucked to put together. I mean, really sucked. And so did putting the feet on Kane, or at least my Kane. There have always been quality control issues with HT's stuff. How about the Aliens Alien? I mean, worst joints EVER. But what are you going to do? Wait for Medicom to make this stuff?

I have from Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III, Michael Jackson Thriller, Terminator John Connor and Marcus Wright, V1 Joker, Aliens Ripley and 300 leonidas (still boxed but taken out for inspection), and so far I haven't had a problem with them *knocks very hard on wood*, I don't touch them that much anyways.

One thing did happen, one button fell of off Marcus Wright's coat.

I was bored. I think this is the point the OP was trying to communicate.

has anyone else noticed......

that lately with these new rubberized bodies coming out that hot toys seems to be taking some shortcuts on quality with certain things,

now before the flame war begins hear me out. I'm a newb in a sense that I have only four different hot toys with my first being the big chap alien, then joker, then wesker and finally chris. Now when I bought the alien it was for $130 at the time and when the hand peg snapped off because some of the rubber jammed the peg in it didn't bother me as much or the fact that I have to put it back in the box because it didn't have a stand to keep it from tipping over with any vibration,

then I got the deluxe joker which was very well done and although the parts were fragile it held together almost perfectly.

Now we come to wesker, apparently version 1 with the snake eyes instead of the red eyes. I would have preferred the red eyes but the snake eyes are growing on me, now first off the feel of the jacket is just off, I through they would have gotten some sort of rubberish material so that it felt like a ribber jacket but I can live with that, then I noticed the back of the head was slightly discolored, but I can live with that, then I learned how you had to nearly pop the head off to turn the teeny tiny switch to light up the eyes, once again I can live with that, then the knife holster broke, once again I can live with that since i'm not planning on selling wesker

but now we get to chris which is the newest member of my collection and was only released recently, now I spent two hours painstakingly putting the accessories that are supposed to go with the figure on, here is what I am beginning to find as really annoying,

• first off the left hand can barely stay in, enough movement and the hand pushes itself out of the socket and had already fallen off twice,

• the accessories have to be carefully woven onto the belt,

• the earphone won't stay on, I finally managed to jammed in into the ear so it doesn't pop out the back,

• the compass broke while trying to slide it onto the belt,

• the knife holder peeled off while trying to place it on the back(literally peeled off I could see the adhesive stretching, couldn't hold and wound up falling off), the Velcro sections are actually peeling off because the Velcro is too strong for the adhesive used,

• the BSAA emblems fell off, I had to reapply them,

• not to mention articulation, what the photos don't show you is that you can only pose chris in those formations, anything else is extremely limited.

Now sorry for that wall of text but I needed to vent, essentially I have noticed over the past 4 figures that quality on the figures is increasing but the quality of the accessories and posabillity of these figures is drasticallly being reduced. This is why I am seriously concerned about getting anything beyond the t-800 coming out shortly. I want to find out if anyone else has noticed this so I am not alone on this.

I own about 35 hot toys figure and never had a problem with any of them all assembled perfectly and display beautifully.

I dont want to be rude but perhaps you need to be a little more careful with your figures they are fragile after all. It cant be a coincidence that you've had multiple problems with 3 of your 4 figures!

Patience, warm water and possibly a hair dryer are your friends when assembling HT (or any other high end figure manufacturers products for that matter).

I've had more QC issues and breakage (minor usually) with HT figures than other companies. However, a lot of that is due to the risks HT takes in making so many non-standard body figures and the high level of detail on the pieces.

Because of this you do need to be more careful with the figures. The most consistent issue I've had with them is wrist pegs breaking. But now that they include extras that problem is not as bad... also knowing how the bodies work (particularly the rubber ones) makes a difference and I haven't had issue in quite some time.

The biggest overall fail has to be the Aliens Warrior... the figure looked great, but the legs joints deteriorated over time and it now a rag doll from below the waist :monkey2 And that is a pretty consistent issue with this figure.

The accessories are really becoming the biggest problem when trying to attach or change out. I should not see the weight of the knife holster peel off the adhesive of the hook until it splits itself apart. When I applied Wesker's knife it wasn't because the adhesive failed of that it broke, instead it was because there wasn't enough glue in that specific piece for it to handle the extra distress. The bigger problem is that placing the accessories on the figures is getting more and more difficult, at least with Chris Redfield. With wesker I had a few issues trying to attach the knife and the cell phone accessory, however with Chris I had to use a pair of tweezers to pull the straps through the belt which took a painstaking two hours to complete. My biggest problem is with the accessories, in essence the adhesive used to keep them together is not strong enough to hold and seems to be getting weaker making the pieces more and more fragile and difficult to put on.

Other than that the figures look great I have managed to pose both of them in the way I want to but its frustrating that no matter how slow and delicate you try to be the adhesive just doesn't hold. Then again I could have gotten the 1 in a million figure that just had defective adhesive and glue.

Side note: to the person who rewrote my original post thank you, the wall of text is what you get when you try to type at 1am after frustratingly trying to put on your newest figure's accessories and having them fall off constantly because the straps don't stay in their slots or the hooks snap off and so on.:gah:

Its not uncommon for it to take 2 hours to assemble a figure, the more you own and assemble the better you'll get at it.

Just be thankful you dont own any preds or colonial marines, as insanely awesome as those figures are there a pain in the ass to assemble!

Using tweezers is a good shout just need patience and the proper tools

I think you only had bad luck. :slap

I have all Ht figures you mentioned and no problem bro..I mean, putting together all Chris Redfield accesories could be dificult specially if this is your first time (I have a lot of experience with previus military figures) but if this took 2 hours??..then there is something wrong, :dunno.
All the problems you have had like emblems, knife sheath, belt, are not very common , so I can deduce you smply had bad luck.. or you must to be more patient and careful.

Anyways, Hot toys should supply "the essencial kit" ::wink1:

superglue.jpg

pinzas2.gif

My eyes are now destroyed...

All I can say is patience, when I was putting John Connor together I was on the verge of walking away for a bit just so I didnt damage anything cos I was frustrated. Just take your time once everythings together it'll stay that way.

Back