1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
Hi guys got mine today and the batmobile itself came mint. The film on the shield was roughed up a bit but the shield was ok. It came with a simple recycling garbage bag between the shield and car. Amazing how something so simple can make a difference.

I'm pretty sure the scuff marks are caused by the shield. I swear my scuff wasn't there when I first inspected it upon opening the box. After covering it with the shield as a "dust cover" it was there. I could live with it. It's not as bad as the deep scratches I've seen on others.

Just got mine a few days ago... i inspected it quite a bit at the store reading about the scratches and all... everything looked ok, no scratches... i had the option of changing it on the spot in the store if i found defects but found none so...

When i got home, i removed the 2 tapes wrapped around the canopy, i found a light scratch on the canopy's side just above the rightmost end of the windshield where it was covered by the rear plastic wrap (same plastic on Starsaber888's pic on post#238...).]
Just a light scratch, so same as you, i can live with it.

So if you're inspecting at the store, look under the 2 tapes first before bringing it home to the Bat Cave.

i got mine today, it seems ok , though i really didnt have time to go through it properly
but im pissed for another reason, I was charged around 200$ in customs which i was expecting, but another 40$ as well as "warehouse charges" , WTF??
this shipment was delayed by customs because they said the papers were not enough and i had requested SS to get in touch with Fedex and resolve issue, took 2 weeks but I ended up paying 40$ as wareshouse charges,should I ask SS for a credit or refund because the fault isnt mine exactly

That sucks. SSC isnt really at fault. It's customs fault for being stupid and not doing their job.

My Batmobile arrived - as far as I could see at my first inspection of the vehicle - without any scratches or issues.

It was part of the second wave, I guess, which arrived in Germany a few days ago.

The car was protected by an extra black foil underneath the shield.

Mine was scratched...got it from my local toy store who has an account with Sideshow..he was told that they cannot replace it at the moment and no money back...awful customer service for a loyal customer.

I picked mine this morning.
The car was covered by a black foil too. The car, the shield and even the box arrived absolutly perect!
Very happy!!!

Back