1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
Figure I'll chime in here and let you know my Batmobile arrived a few days ago.

I had done the Flexpay option and had 3 payments to go, but got antsy seeing everyone else's pics and paid it off in a lump.

Came direct from SS. Lemmie tell you, I was nervous as hell because the box took a beating. Two holes punched straight through to the inner!

The inner box had one slight pressure dent/tear about an inch long just behind one of the holes, but that's it. Definite scuffing all over though.

Inside the box, the plastic shield looked TRASHED. Friction rubs everywhere, a probably 7 inch cut straight down the middle of the car that looked to be from a box cutter and the plastic protectant nearly falling off in big sections- I nearly had a heart attack and I hadn't even gotten to the actual car yet.

But, remarkably, after removing all of the protectant, the shield was virtually unblemished!!!

I should note here that I DEFINITELY noticed two sets of tape on the outside of the shipping box, and they didn't even tape down the sides the second time after opening (just straight down the middle). So, naturally I had no idea whether this was Sideshow checking the contents before shipping, or if I was getting someone else's return!!!! :mad:

Finally, the pivotal moment arrived, and I removed all the Styrofoam and blue bag, and held my breath.

After all the waiting and hearing other people's unfortunate stories of damage, I got a completely flawless Batmobile!!! :hi5:

Now, to keep it that way until I can get it inside a display case. I have my own ideas about a conversion to make a kick *** display......stay tuned.

anybody tried fixing the damages for their batmobiles?

here are the 2 problems

scuff marks and hairline scratches. i think scuff marks are more reparable or i could be wrong about this

Mine arrived today to CHILE!!!
No damage, scuffs, nothing.
It came with a plastic bag between the coccon and the car

Yes me too I actually 2x before I ordered mine from SS to make sure. The first one I got had scratches on the canopy from bigbadtoystore.com but thankfully they refunded me.

I dont think its UPS fault. Mine came nearly perfect but its Hot Toys fault for not providing an extra clear plastic layer between the car and cocoon shield.

Y'see this poll needed to set some parameters about what we are calling 'damage'. Different people will have different ideas about it.

I wouldn't call mine completely flawless but I wouldn't call it ''damaged'' either. I don't have the canopy scratches, I have some areas inside the rear fins that look like they took a bit of pressure, the evidence is barely detectable. The roof behind the canopy has these strange but also barely detectable marks.

I wouldn't have even found these things if not for the furore over the canopy scratches.

Y'see this poll needed to set some parameters about what we are calling 'damage'. Different people will have different ideas about it.

I wouldn't call mine completely flawless but I wouldn't call it ''damaged'' either. I don't have the canopy scratches, I have some areas inside the rear fins that look like they took a bit of pressure, the evidence is barely detectable. The roof behind the canopy has these strange but also barely detectable marks.

I wouldn't have even found these things if not for the furore over the canopy scratches.

Then I'd say yours falls into the not damaged category :lol

These numbers would've been skewed a bit too because there were early reports of people who saw multiple clean ones but we were only able to place one vote. I helped my bud who owns a shop check a total of 9 of these and they were all a-ok. There were a few more similar stories when this started

Who has damage that actually appears as white marks? (It's hard to tell with these pictures whether the gouges are revealing a different colour underneath, or if they appear black but photograph white due to camera flash dispersal)

Mine arrived yesterday to Peru!!! No damage, scuffs, nothing.
It came with a plastic bag between the coccon and the car. You do not know the nerves I felt when opening the box but happily all good =)

Back