Did TDKR meet or exceed your expectations poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did TDKR meet or exceed your expectations?

• Yes

Votes: 160 72.1%
  • No

Votes: 62 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
to me godfather part 3, revolutions, and rises are all perfect ends
to the trilogies. when people like the first two films out of those three
trilogies but dont like the last movie in them.
it makes me think they dont like the first two for the right reasons.

Matrix isn't a trilogy though. Resurrection is coming. :monkey1

Yeah, I would say this movie met expectations in a sense, in that I expected it would be quality on the order of the first two films. It has its issues, but what movie doesn't (well, I know of one or two, but. . .). Completely disagree about the earlier point re: Godfather and the Matrix. Sometimes sequels just don't work, for whatever reason. GF 3 failed on many levels, irrespective of the creative team involved. George Lucas was responsible for the Star Wars prequels, but they still sucked. Sometimes an artist or artists are past their prime and just can't go back in time. Sometimes they just have a "miss." But the critical consensus of the 3rd GF and Matrix movie exists for a reason.

I should add that I actually think Tobe Hooper's Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is better than (gulp) the first one (!!!). So, I'm certainly sympathetic to those who have opinions different from the mainstream :lol But, I disagree with the logic that somehow you have to appreciate an entire trilogy just because the first or first two films of one work for you. Lots of people crap on Return of the Jedi, and though I don't hate that film like others do, I can see where they are coming from.

I agree with you....well maybe not the part about 2 being better then Texas Chainsaw 1... :lol but besides that...:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back