DID Corp: Saving Private Ryan - PFC Reiben

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jumped down this SPR rabbit hole. Got the FP Miller yesterday and just preordered Reiben and am on a waitlist for Caparzo. Just couldn't pass up the opportunity to have figures from one of my all time favorite movies.

The sculpt is not great. It is somewhat close but they could have done a lot better. Still, it's on my list to get, as I plan to complete the set.

Reiben arrived yesterday and today I had a chance to check out the figure.

First thing I have to say is that DiD really did a great job with the box and presentation. It is as nice, if not nicer than the old Hot Toys DX boxing. I really appreciate the foam packaging and the background display piece that also acts as part of the box, attaching via magnets. Very cool setup.

Uniform and kit are outstanding. 'nough said...

But what impressed me the most was the head sculpt. None of the posted pics, especially those from DiD, managed to win me over. I just didn't see much of Edward Burns in the sculpt. But in hand, it definitely looks much better. Not a perfect capturing but significantly better than I thought it would be, based on the pics. I would give it an 8 out of 10.

I've got Caparzo pre-ordered and will be pre-ordering Jackson immediately.

Here are a few quick pics of the head sculpt. I hope they help in capturing a decent representation of the sculpt.

Reiben 1.jpg
Reiben 2.jpg
Reiben 3.jpg

I had forgotten about DID's hollow heads. I have a few DID figures, but I guess it's been awhile since I held one. i was taken aback at first, but the detail in the sculpt is top notch.

I wasn't completely happy with the sculpt based on pictures. I saw Burns but he was a bit older. In person he is still a bit older, but much better than what I saw in images. I hope this line continues because I want the whole team.

Back