Did Buffy "Jump the Shark?"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protozaius said:
Also the episode where Riley meets up with Buffy at the DoubleMeat Palace serves to show how far Buffy has fallen since they were together.

Oh I dunno. She was about twenty years old and working a crappy job so she could take care of herself and her sister (whatever happened to their deadbeat Dad by the way - he couldn't have sent a check?)
It's not like she was sitting on her ass collecting welfare. I mean, somebody has to sell burgers - it's not glamorous, but it's honest work.

(And no, I don't personally flip burgers for a living - I just don't think someone who does is far fallen.)

And yes, Buffy jumped when Riley and the Initiative and Adam showed up. Luckily, things perked back up after that nightmare was over.
Ben was annoying, the three geeks were annoying, the whiney slayerettes were annoying but they were all better than the hell that was season 4. (I didn't even like Buffy's hair in season 4!) And I TOTALLY dug the Spuffy thing.

:welcome Waverly

...HOWEVER...

-Season 4 gave us HUSH.
-Season 4 gave us Adam, one of the coolest villain's ever.
-Season 4 gave us Spike beginning to be a scoob...I know a lot of people see this defanging of Spike as a bad thing...but anything that gave him screen time is a good thing, IMHO.
-Season 4 gave us Tara- a great character in her own right and a great development in Willow's character.
-Seaosn 4 gave us the Primeval Buffy and the integration of the scoobs.
-Season 4 gave us the Primitive and a excellent beginning to explicating the Slayer mythos.
-Season 4 gave us a great episode in "Restless" and Xander's fantasy of Willow and Tara in an ice cream truck.
...and don't forget the cheeseman!

I'm not getting the hate for season 4 myself, I really loved it. Gave us probably some of the best eps in the entire series. I thought the initiative plot really worked and made alot of sence, the only thing I hated was...Riley.
The order goes...
Season 2
Season 3
Season 5
Season 4
Season 6
Season 7
Season 1

I know loads hate season 4,but it had some great episodes.
my order:
Season 1-----Tweedy giles,Prophecy girl,vamp buffy,darla,THE MASTER!!

season 5----Glory,Gift,Magic box,Dawn,Body.
Season 7---Showtime,End of days,Chosen,Uber vamp.
Season 6---Buffy back from the grave,Dark willow,Taras death,warren dead and hells bells

Season 3---Faith,mayor,graduation day,prom.
Season 4----Riley,adam

Season 6 had a big bad point to it.and that was the buffy-spike thing:rolleyes:

Dont you just think show time had an amazing fight.
best episodes:
gift
showtime
prophecy girl
end of days
chosen
bargaining

buffy never jumped the shark

Season 2 - Buffy at it's finest

Season 1 - Buffy also at it's finest - Prophecy Girl is still one of the greatest eps of all-time and The Master was a delightful villain.

Season 6 - Because I loved the whole Buffy back from the dead and screwing Spike thing and Dark Willow was a cool Big Bad.

Season 3 - Because we still had Angel around and I thought the Mayor was a hoot - but I HATED Faith. She is just waaaay toooo butch!

Season 5 - The show bounced back from Season 4 to once again be something I could enjoy.The Body was one of the best eps ever. I don't even mind the Dawn storyline, but Ben/Glory was annoying as Hell!

Season 7 - Too many inspirational speeches and too many slayerettes to keep up with but otherwise good. I still have a hard time believing that Xander and Willow would turn on Buffy and follow Faith though - I don't care how many eyes Xander lost.

Season 4 - It had some good eps (and I do like Tara and Anya) but I just can't like Adam or Riley or the Initiative. The show just did not need the Initative. It added nothing and took away from what could have been valuable Scoobie time.

waverly94 said:
Also the episode where Riley meets up with Buffy at the DoubleMeat Palace serves to show how far Buffy has fallen since they were together.

Oh I dunno. She was about twenty years old and working a crappy job so she could take care of herself and her sister (whatever happened to their deadbeat Dad by the way - he couldn't have sent a check?)
It's not like she was sitting on her ass collecting welfare. I mean, somebody has to sell burgers - it's not glamorous, but it's honest work.

(And no, I don't personally flip burgers for a living - I just don't think someone who does is far fallen.)

And yes, Buffy jumped when Riley and the Initiative and Adam showed up. Luckily, things perked back up after that nightmare was over.
Ben was annoying, the three geeks were annoying, the whiney slayerettes were annoying but they were all better than the hell that was season 4. (I didn't even like Buffy's hair in season 4!) And I TOTALLY dug the Spuffy thing.

I never meant to say that flipping burgers is any indication that someone has fallen... just Buffy.

Buffy has always come across as self-righteous (she even sings about in OMWF). Her employment at the Doublemeat Palace knocked her down a few pegs.

Protozaius said:
I never meant to say that flipping burgers is any indication that someone has fallen... just Buffy.

Buffy has always come across as self-righteous (she even sings about in OMWF). Her employment at the Doublemeat Palace knocked her down a few pegs.

True, before becoming the Slayer, Buffy was every bit as superficial as Cordelia ever thought of being (if we go by what we saw in the movie.)

waverly94 said:
... but I HATED Faith...

What... too much Slayer for you to handle? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Seriously though, I wasn't a Faith fan until I saw the Angel episodes where she tries to redeem herself. I though it was an interesting moment in the Buffyverse with Angel protecting Faith from Buffy. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Back