Diamond Select: Ultimate Quarter Scale Star Wars Anakin Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amir

Super Freak
Reaction score
Posted on Rebelscum.The sculpt looks good, maybe this line is improving...

DST-UQSanakin1.jpg

I don't like it at all. They need to lower the skirt of StarWars and try to keep it a little more classy instead of giving the license to anyone with a factory in China.

I don't like it at all. They need to lower the skirt of StarWars and try to keep it a little more classy instead of giving the license to anyone with a factory in China.

It's not like this is new though. Growing up, I could've bought just about anything with the Star Wars logo on it. And really, "classy" is a matter of perspective. Just look at the many Medicom vs. Sideshow 1:6 debates that pepper these threads.

Sculpt looks good... but production paint on a figure like this is always going to be kinda crappy which looks even worse as its 1/4 scale and not 1/6.

Yeah, the paint REALLY kills the sculpt. I think we all owe SSC an apology after seeing Art Asylums paint job.

Wow. It must suck to be a toy sculptor. :(

The raw sculpt looks great, but the paint is mass production Hasbro quality. I'd love to see that thing painted by somebody like DarkArtist.

It's not like this is new though. Growing up, I could've bought just about anything with the Star Wars logo on it. And really, "classy" is a matter of perspective. Just look at the many Medicom vs. Sideshow 1:6 debates that pepper these threads.

Well maybe switch out classy with quality then. Still though I ain't feeling Diamond Selects dollies. Between this and the 13" DCD dolls with little heads there is a growing sect of bizarro collectibles out there.

Well maybe switch out classy with quality then. Still though I ain't feeling Diamond Selects dollies. Between this and the 13" DCD dolls with little heads there is a growing sect of bizarro collectibles out there.

I know what you mean. From what I've seen online, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach. If they look cool, I'll pick them up. If not, they can keep the shelf warm. Initially people felt the same about the Mighty Muggs. Personally I have no interest in them (although the Stormtrooper almost pulled me to the Dark Side) but nevertheless, they're highly collectible and popular...to those who admit they pic them up...:p

Don't mean to be a jerk, but I like the head better than SS's 12". but not as good as the head sculpt on the PF

Andy's headsculpt is not perfect, but I think it is more accurate than the Diamond Select.

ani_big1.jpg

Back