Diamond Comics 1/4 Wonder Woman Statue: Customized by SilentSurfer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember, the corset was partly designed to look a bit like Greek and Roman body armor with the muscles sculpted into it for effect.
roman-body.jpg

h2_1992.180.3a.jpg

musc1.jpg

Besides, it's not like she wasn't drawn with dfined finger muscles sometimes.
Wonder_woman.jpg

As for the neckline, I liked the way the design looked in these pics, but I didn't want to mess with the breast plate, so I incorporated it in a slightly different, sexier way.

wonder-woman1.jpg

78877-123027-wonder-woman_super.jpg

ww14cvr.jpg

See, I really like how Dodson has depicted the corset - you can tell it's clothing and not just body paint. I really don't like it when artists just draw superheros as if their naked bodies were covered in paint rather than wearing clothes. It really takes away from the sense of realism.

Nice repaint, I prefer that skin tone a lot over the original. And kudos for leaving the briefs. But anything that goes more towards comicquette and away from PF - I'm against just on principal.

Agreed. The repaint is outstanding!!!

I like it. I think the skin tone could be a bit more tan since she IS Greek but what I hated the most about the original DCD 1:4 piece was the facial expression. I'd kill for a 1:4 representation of Michael Turner's Wonder Woman. Say what you want about his art, I love the look of a softer Wondy and not a roid'd out one.

wonderwoman.jpg

Well she is supposed to be an Amazon princess. :rolleyes:

This isn't Mary Jane Watson.

I like Turner's art...even though all his characters have the same face and body. His style works great for Supergirl not Dianna.

As far as the sculpt goes, Andy did an awesome job. I myself prefer the original sculpt he did with the pXXXed off expression. It looked like Dianna was running into battle.

Agreed. The repaint is outstanding!!!

Well she is supposed to be an Amazon princess. :rolleyes:

This isn't Mary Jane Watson.

I like Turner's art...even though all his characters have the same face and body. His style works great for Supergirl not Dianna.

As far as the sculpt goes, Andy did an awesome job. I myself prefer the original sculpt he did with the pXXXed off expression. It looked like Dianna was running into battle.

I like the musculature myself too, she's not too beefy yet athletic. It would have been perfect if DCD did a swappable head option like SS does. Then we could alternate between a angry look and the normal face, since I do like both IMHO.

Sorry to say it but I think I prefer the first custom

Repaint2.jpg
02.jpg

I agree with Joseph, Wonder Woman does not have skin showing under her W chest piece like that. I must say you did a very nice job and you made that Leia come to life. It amazes me how different you made her look by doing that to her eyes.

I can't believe they sanded off the original anatomy under the corset. Ugh!
Great work on the custom.

woah! nice work ss! now i want to try my luck customizing mine as well. what bothers me most about the piece is the corset that hides her curves, especially along her waist, the yellowish skin tone, and the face. you remedied all that i see. now, my question is/are... what are the materials you used for sculpting her "corset" and the kind of paint you applied on both the corset and the skin. also, did you, in any way, used airbrush on her face? thanks! :)

Back