Detolf Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you attach the wires? They look so awful and thick, that's why I thought the light bars someone recommended might look better because they are wireless. I read that the beam is weird tho. :huh

You and your neighbour 'close' AJ? :naughty
:lol
How did you attach the wires? They look so awful and thick, that's why I thought the light bars someone recommended might look better because they are wireless. I read that the beam is weird tho. :huh
I chose to run my wires from top down using the back railings and then drilled a hole in the base and ran them out and under the Detolf.

I use clear zip ties (shown below, also called wire ties) to keep the wires in place in 2 different sizes/thicknesses: small ones to secure the single/double wire runs, and larger ones to secure groups of 3/4 wires toward the bottom. They are cheap and can be bought at any hardware store, Walmart, etc.

0076962276110_P321146_500X500.jpg

There's many different ways to wire these up, the "How to Display Your Collectibles" section is where you want to go to find what you think will work best for you.

As others have said, it's not that difficult, just very heavy! Hehe!
For myself the hardest part was getting the cases home without having to rent or pay for a truck. I drive a small car just for info.

As others have said, it's not that difficult, just very heavy! Hehe!
For myself the hardest part was getting the cases home without having to rent or pay for a truck. I drive a small car just for info.

Boxes are def heavy and awkward.

The detolf weights 6kg as stated, but in package it weighs something like 20 due to the fact there isn't really any center of gravity. Longest 10 meters i have traveled dragging it along the way.

Back