Detectives Lowry & Burnett from Bad Boys 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joewolf

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I kind of love Bad Boys 2. They somehow got $130 million and the biggest movie star on the planet to make a foul, outrageous, and wildly un-PC videogame come to life. Director Michael Bay was big into Grand Theft Auto Vice City at the time, and the movie borrows gleefully from it and the likes of Jackie Chan, John Woo, and even Bay's own movies. It's the ultimate MTV overkill action movie.

Anyways, I've always wanted a pair of figures from the film, but Dragon's release from way back left a lot to be desired. I tried making figs in the past, but my skills weren't up to the task. However, I gave weathering a try recently (I have WIP weathering in this thread) and it's really opened up some doors for me. For military looking figs, it just makes such a huge difference.

Anyways, please have a look and let me know what you think!

badboys2_willsmithRightLegSmaller.jpg

badboys2_willsmithmartinLawrencePair.jpg

The g36 is from that Japanese Gashapon set. It was shiny black with metal highlights which made no sense as G36 is all polymer. So I repainted (still trying to figure out how to do weapon weathering right!) it. I also drilled holes to insert Dragon optics & added a red lens on that.
badboys2_lawrenceGunUp.jpg

badboys2_lawrenceLowFace.jpg

Will Smith left leg
badboys2_willsmithLeftLeg.jpg

Will Smith kneepads. 2nd time weathering kneepads. After doing the Martin Lawrence kneepads, I tried to tone it way down and I think they look better that way.
badboys2_willsmithkneepads.jpg

badboys2_smgPair.jpg

badboys2_lawrenceHead_smithbkgrd.jpg

Poster shot! I couldn't decide on which one to use. I think the all blue (bottom right) looks best, but orange fits the theme and style of the movies. Which one do you prefer?
badboys2_collage.jpg

Last edited:
Back