Deposits on Exclusive Pre-Orders: Sideshow's New Policy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forgot about the licencing agreement with companies like Marvel and others such as Lucas for Star Wars. that can't be cheap either.

Don't worry about SS. They're making a ton of money.

I'm hardly worried about their profit margin.
Fewer pieces produced makes "the hunt" a tad more enjoyable.

Maybe the SS production managers will be a little more discriminating in their selection for future releases. I'm certain the Brendan Fraser Comiquette will sell out almost as quickly as the Venomasaurus did. :monkey2

Don't worry about SS. They're making a ton of money.

I'm hardly worried about their profit margin.
Fewer pieces produced makes "the hunt" a tad more enjoyable.

Maybe the SS production managers will be a little more discriminating in their selection for future releases. I'm certain the Brendan Fraser Comiquette will sell out almost as quickly as the Venomasaurus did. :monkey2

:lol:lol:lol

NRD is great imo, but now it seems that they're also using the cancellation fee on alot of the pieces also, geez ssc soon your going to want full payment :lol:lol

My issue with SS is that they should just decide how many pieces they are going to make instead of waiting to see how many are ordered and then adjust the ES. With these new policies unless it's a fantastic exclusive I'm not buying much directly from SS. Which is probably better in the long run for me because I usually forget about an item and realize it wasn't really wanted.

My only issue with the NRD is they charge it on flex-pay. If the reason is to reduce cancellations and overstocking, then why charge a NRD on a flex plan - In effect you are charged two cancellation fees if you do need to cancel.

My only issue with the NRD is they charge it on flex-pay. If the reason is to reduce cancellations and overstocking, then why charge a NRD on a flex plan - In effect you are charged two cancellation fees if you do need to cancel.

If quality isn't the reason you're worried, why would it matter? :dunno

I absolutely love it and made the recommendation for it quite a while back. Put your money where your mouth is I say. Also I have noticed how ALL of my waitlist convert shortly after I sign up and I can only assume it is because I actually buy the items and never reject them when I receive a notification. They also have a item number limit it looks like as well now. Bravo I say

And Sabretooth ROCKS!

So how many people like this new policy? I guess Sideshow is sick of their "sold out" exclusives making it back to Second Chance (*cough* Sabretooth *cough*).

"The Exclusive Beast Comiquette, which will include an a fine-art print and switch-out right hand holding a book, will have an Edition Size 200 pieces, and will be priced at $274.99. A 10% Non-Refundable Deposit, or $27.50, will be charged within 24 hours of your pre-order being placed for the Exclusive version of this comiquette."

I absolutely love it and made the recommendation for it quite a while back. Put your money where your mouth is I say. Also I have noticed how ALL of my waitlist convert shortly after I sign up and I can only assume it is because I actually buy the items and never reject them when I receive a notification. They also have a item number limit it looks like as well now. Bravo I say

And Sabretooth ROCKS!

yeah they've always had the limit (1 EX, 2 Reg) per account number.

Back