• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

delete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FS: TMNT 2 Ooze Canister Replica $250 shipped!

Thats a pretty cool piece. Good luck with the sale!

That's a really cool prop.

I wish you the best of luck on your sale and in finding a job.

Been a while since I've seen the movie, what does TGRI stand for?

Thanks, guys. The job market is absolutely horrible right now. If you hate your job, don't leave it thinking you'll find a new one fast... unless you're in fast food or something.

I was laid off of my graphic design/video/web production job in July due to company financial problems and it was very sudden. I was with the company for over 6 years total and the kicker is that they knew they weren't doing so wonderfully for a while and instead of giving me even a 2 week notice or something out of courtesy for my new family adjustment to warn me and getting a jump start on the job search (my son was just over 3 months old at the time) I was given 48 hours, 15 days medical insurance and a kick in the ass. They said they were gonna look to hire me back after a few months when cash flow started coming in again, but when that time came I found out they hired another guy who was right out of school willing to do almost the same job for a ton less than I was making. Real nice CEO.

I've been applying like mad and have had about 5-6 interviews total that lead to nothing.

Anyway... enough about my sob story. I'm sure I'll get something soon. Until then I'm just getting by via unemployment and thankfully able to barely make those bill payments despite the drastic cut in funds coming in. I still got a roof over my head and my health so I know it could be much worse.

Cool prop. Sorry about the bad luck man. Are you considering looking outside your field for other job opportunities?

Persuazion - yeah. I've got a pretty versatile background in stuff and have a bunch of different versions of my resume floating around. I think one thing that might be hurting my chances is applying for lower level jobs and the employers seeing my last position being a manager title thinking i might be overqualified. I would hope these places would know in my applying that i am full aware the level i'd be starting at.

I don't know. It's just a super tough market for many positions out there and i often hear hundreds of applicants are up against me and in some cases my resume may never get seen because they just won't look at them all.

I've been making some connections through my friends though and some stuff is looking like a possible light at the end of the tunnel, so fingers crossed! In the meantime it's been a sorta good experience in that it really made me look at things from 10,000 feet at the big picture of what matters most. While my hobbies are at a stand still i at least know i can survive, but it's been hard. I've had a great opportunity to watch my son grow over the months and that's time i would have never seen had all this not happened. But i am very ready to get back to work ;)

This might help the sale:

82179340.gif

Sale bump. Thanks!

Back