Dedicated 12" Mad Max/Road Warrior request thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Scourge

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned in other threads, but I felt it deserved a discussion of its own. I believe Max's small but dedicated following would make this viable for Sideshow to at least do the main character in his various incarnations. Since WB/N2 Toys discontinued the line before bringing its 12" figures to market (maybe not such a bad thing - see attached), maybe Sideshow could pick up the licence...?

EVILFACE, I presume we have your vote?

I don't know. I was looking forward to the N2 offerings. I know they would pale in comparison to a Sideshow version, but for $20 a pop, they certainly had mega bash potential. And the female was destined to have her head sanded down and get painted blue for a Farscape bash.
Please Sideshow, some "inclusive" Mad Max figures???

Guys I am sooo with you on this. I've wanted a definitive Max from Road Warrior since I started collecting, but on one has done him justice.. not to mention that he's even hard to custom make. I would love to see him on the shelf, along with The Humongus and that psycho with the mohawk and football pads. I'd buy 2 of each if they made them....

Road Warrior is one of my favorite films of all time and it deserves the SSC treatment. C'mon Sideshow... please? :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I've been working on a Road Warrior Max for a while now. Just need to find the right items to use as a leg brace. I've got his hatchet and water tool made from scratch and to fine tune the shoulder pad attachment.

max.jpg

max2.jpg

I don't know, that head just doesnt look right to me. I didn't know who it was when i saw it on the page, and I'm the biggest RW fan their is. I'm just going to sculpt a bit of hair on him to scruffy it up a bit.

Amazing costume on the Max figure... at first the headsculpt really reminded me of the bikecop in the original film.

But I would throw my name in as a person who would love Mad Max figures... we'd probably only ever see Max, but that would be enought for me.

Nice work EVILFACE!

For Origins Max, there's always this headsculpt from one of the model kits ...

From a while back...may even be on the old board, didn't one of the SS artists show his unofficial Max sculpt for his personal collection?

Back