Death's siren.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sincerely paint it seems pretty good with many shades of color and with many shades, even if the photos are bad, it manages to see the good work of painting, of course, it is my personal opinion!

12366363_929260937158469_7685512048089479637_n.jpg

Have Sideshow managed to do the impossible and give a wonky eyes even though she has no pupils ?

12391846_929191163832113_3420978826175735897_n.jpg

Have Sideshow managed to do the impossible and give a wonky eyes even though she has no pupils ?

12391846_929191163832113_3420978826175735897_n.jpg

So much for reserve judgement until we see higher resolution pictures. haha I get what you are saying. Her left eye doesn't look like it was fully painted completely but with the lighting and angle the picture was taken I am not too concerned. So far I like what I see.

Lighting and positioning mean so much in photos. I am more interested in seeing it in my house, under my own lighting when it arrives on Monday.

I was so bummed I had to cancel my preorder on this. Unfortunately I just ran out of money a few months before it came out and when they finally said that it was time to pay I just didn't have the funds. I'm saving up for a few of the others so hopefully next year I will be able to preorder a few. Or people will eventually sell theirs down the line. This hobby is torture sometimes. Lol

I was so bummed I had to cancel my preorder on this. Unfortunately I just ran out of money a few months before it came out and when they finally said that it was time to pay I just didn't have the funds. I'm saving up for a few of the others so hopefully next year I will be able to preorder a few. Or people will eventually sell theirs down the line. This hobby is torture sometimes. Lol

Don't worry, the COTD statues won't sell out anytime soon. You have plenty of time.

Dang she is HEAVY... I think the paint app is bang on. Her eyes are fine not wonky at all in person. She's also quite big. Quite happy her top is removable.

Dunno at 1750 she might around for abit but not as long as queen at 3000 es?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Colours look a little flat on her base, kinda reminds me of the dull Grey they used on the Godzilla maquette.

Received the Siren today, she is a beautiful statue. The base is quite heavy. No problems in assembly, except the tabs on the water can be a bit tight to push in. I like how her right hand has suckers, and the left does not above the water. Lots of fine detail on this piece. Here are some pictures, very happy with her.

Siren01.JPG
Siren02.JPG
Siren03.JPG
Siren04.JPG
Siren05.JPG
Siren06.JPG
Siren07.JPG
Siren08.JPG
Siren09.JPG
Siren10.JPG
Siren11.JPG

I read the comments around this statue really sad, comments that talk about a flat paint and dull even comparing it to the painful Maquette Godzilla, now I think someone did not understand that a statue same as the prototype of what not and never will ever, we work them very professional people like Kate Sapene, then maybe they are the same people that you pre-order the new pf Red Sonja still thinking that you get home that masterpiece: D Going back to the Siren of death, I believe that this time Sideshow did the maximum of this statue is like painting as sculpt, when there is to congratulate you do and just not be prevented for a job went less well previously, Gallevarbe came out well, as always, but not the same as the prototype a good product to sell to the public, and after these photos even though with much flash that affect the colors are even more sure of what I'm going to buy and that is a beautiful statue !!

Very cool thanks for the photos. I need to check these out on my computer where I can see it a little better. Can you take a couple more snaps of the base....was curious how they painted the little hidden things in it. Congratulations!

I still think that the sailors underneath the water look like children which isn't a bad thing it would have been kind of cool if maybe the story was she lured children into the water and took them away to her home. Maybe the backstory was she wanted to be a mother and never could because of her body. The sculpts absolutely do not look like adult size males their proportions are completely off. Regardless of her size...they have children's proportions in terms of head size to their own body size etc.

I've never found them to be a deal breaker on this statue although I know some people wanted them to be removable.

I am going to wait and see how mine turns out. ImO, none of these pics are great. They all have bad lighting and some are blurry. I will post natural lit pics and a review at statueforum.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

looks really nice overall.

what's interesting to me is....it looks about 95% done....they should have a group of finishers for the pieces that give the final "love" part of the painting process...their best painters at the studio in China etc...almost like you work your way up to that level...maybe make a bit more.....I swear it looks like it needs an hour in the hands of a great painter who goes in by hand...knows the final look of the piece inside and out just like the proto and can go in and nail that final "missing" love the front end people don't have time to do/...They have the "heavy lifting painting part done.....but Sideshow needs a group of 20-30 great finishers at the plant to tighten up those loose ends and lacking areas.

I think the one sailor looks a little under painted....and just some of the magic of the full piece is lost....overall though it's very, very nice

but I think if they could nail the finish in that last area....they would be jaw dropping.

again I think it looks very nice and I appreciate you sharing the photos...it's killer.

enjoy it!!

Back