Dear Hot Toys, Please Do THE WATCHMEN!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Dare

Freaked Out
Reaction score
ComedianFull-thumb.jpg

OzymandiasFull-thumb.jpg

RorschachFull-thumb.jpg

SilkSpectreFull-thumb.jpg

NIteOwlFull-thumb.jpg

Larger images can be found here:
https://rss.warnerbros.com/watchmen/2008/03/one_year_to_go_1.html

Wow! Those pics look great!

I would love to have figures of The Comedian and Rorschach... And probably all the rest.

Those do look great. And if anyone could do them justice I think it would be Hot Toys.

Please Hot Toys!!!

Don't let this go to Medicom or god forbid Hasbro.

I'm curious as to whetther or not it will go to anyone. But I guess we'll see. I'm down for the Comedian and Rorshcach definitely!!! :rock Are there pics of Dr. Manhattan yet?

I would buy all of those, no question.

And Rorschach absolutely must come with multiple masks. :lecture

Or at least one masked and an unmasked head.

I really hope Hot Toys makes these!!

I can imagine that DCD will do them in 13", unless the disagreement with Alan Moore doesn't allow them to do movie merchandise either.

I can imagine that DCD will do them in 13", unless the disagreement with Alan Moore doesn't allow them to do movie merchandise either.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see any figures at all. He doesn't like merchandising, and he did cancel the first figures that were to be done years ago.

Yes, but from what I remember reading, he doesn't own this anymore, especially where the film is concerned. He has turned it all over to Gibbons the artist, as he usually does for his stories that reach the cinema. He doesn't want anything to do with it after the L.O.E.G. movie fiasco. I say we see figures for sure, if only so DC can stick it to him again. :emperor:emperor

DCD has already said that movie figures are on the way....we got V for Vendetta merchandise after all. I don't think WB was going to put this much money into a movie without some merchandising profits to show for it.

From what I understand, it's not really his call and he doesn't have any ownership of the characters. He didn't want the Absolute Watchmen edition released either, but that went through.

At the time, everything I read suggested that DC just didn't want to deal with his complaining anymore when it came to the toys being released.

I would buy a Rorschach definitely....the others would be dependent on look

The Watchmen is a bit more of an adult comic, I don't know how they'll handle it in the film, but I think it'll be intended more for adults as well. So I don't see this being merchandised like a Batman or Superman movie regardless how Moore fills about merchandising.
But I'd still want a movie Rorschach and Comedian in 1:6, but that's because they're much more like their comic counterparts. Maybe the Nite Owl or Ozymandias if the film turns out well.

Moore doesn't currently, and didn't own the "Watchmen" property when DCD cancelled the original figures. He's never owned it. They stopped production as a "courtesy", meaning they didn't think the bad publicity of more confrontations with the artist was worth the possible gain of selling a few figures. I also understand they were hoping to reestablish a relationship with Moore again and making those figures wouldn't have helped that happen either.
I'd be kind of surprised based on previous releases in the DCD 13" line if they produced Watchmen figures. I certainly could be wrong but I just don't imagine they think this type of product at the likely price point would be profitable. But heck, ya' never know.

I'm not sure if DCDirect would do 13" figures based on a rated R movie? I dunno, seems more like a Hot Toys type property - or maybe just wishful thinking. 5-8" ers seem more likely from DC.

These characters say Hot Toys all over them. I would definitely get them all should Hot Toys ever release the figures.

Ozymandias is my favorite character in Watchmen..so I'd be definitely down for him.

Back