Deadwood movie could finally finish the series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
tumblr_mw9sgthIzg1qe8c79o2_500.gif

HBO in Preliminary Talks for 'Deadwood' Movie | Rolling Stone

The sort of news to make any shady proprietor proclaim that "p***y's half price, next 15 minutes'".

I absolutely adored everything about Deadwood. McShane was a revelation as Swearengen, especially for someone who spent Sunday nights as a kid being subjected to (and bored off his **** by) his 'maverick' antiques dealer Lovejoy.

I'd be perfectly happy sitting and watching a two hour movie of just him and Wu conversing solely in "c**k sucker" though.

I for sure watch it, but not sure where else this would go from the series final.....The big fight never happened, Bullock didn't get voted as sheriff, so pretty much it ended about as dead as it could...

Hearst could come back. The town burns down eventually and you have a ton of fallout from that and the rebuilding.

I've always been content with the ending we got but if Milch thinks there is more to tell which he seemingly always has, bring it on.

yeah I remember it burnt down, though i'm not sure how much into the future that would be.....Of course it's not like Hollywood to follow actual timelines right....lol
I'm sure it would be good as long as they can get all if not most of the original cast, just wouldn't be right without the originals

Make it happen, HBO. Seriously, do it. Do it. I'm too lazy to look up that Starsky and Hutch gif, but do it. If this doesn't happen, but we wind up with two Sex and The City films and an Entourage movie, I'll never forgive you.

Last edited:
There was always resolution to the main plot(s). Tbh even without knowing the end was coming, they still topped some big show's series finales.

The major theme to me was how the characters were willing to make sacrifices to ensure the town survived, from the heathens, plague, the government, and eventually Hearst. And it ended with them securing that future which is about as solid as you can get.

Deadwood is one of those shows that I can watch over and over again. Yes it is that ****ing good!!! I maybe from the camp that does not mind that this show was cut short. It ends on a high. There are other shows that received their conclusion that just turned me off from any replay value (Saprano's & LOST). Hard for me to go back and revisit those but Deadwood I am watching again for the third time. Yes it is just that damn good!!

Back