Deadpool.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelticPredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
I totally love this character...but yet, I know NOTHING about him. My interest perked up once the ML came out, and I could never find it.

So heres my question...whats the best comic to start with? If I want to get the whole story, where should I start, and end?

No, you need to go back farther than that.
Start with his actual First apearence, and read forward. He's got several cameo's LONG before he had his own series. try to trrack them down. you can find torrents of virtualy EVERY comic ever written for free download online.
Deadpool's FIRSt appearence was in new mutants #98

No, you need to go back farther than that.
Start with his actual First apearence, and read forward. He's got several cameo's LONG before he had his own series. try to trrack them down. you can find torrents of virtualy EVERY comic ever written for free download online.
Deadpool's FIRSt appearence was in new mutants #98

I have that comic. Didn't even know it was his first appearance... Just checked, I have two copies, and sure enough, deadpool is right on the cover, along with Gideon.

I've spent the last year getting caught up on comics. My big read has been the chronological X-men. which includes ALL comics from X-men 01 from the 60's forward, to the stuff right before messiah complex last year. and all related x-titles, Deadpool included ( Afterall, he's one of the X-men, don'tcha know? just ask him. ;) )
And while SOME of the earlier stuff is not as funny as the newer stuff, all of it is hilarious, and equaly important, especialy his 3 issue one shot which explanes his relationship with Teresa Cassidy. Which is older than the series you suggested he start with :p

And lets not forget Lando Luckman and Lake, and thier connection to how deadpool Changes the world, which is part of the odd series, but it also deals with WHY he tries so hard not to kill unessacarly any more.

I dont need to read a comic about squinty eyes, big thick legs, tiny non existant feet, and pouches. Oh the pouches....*shudders*

If you find that you like the character, do yourself a favor and score the Bowen FS Deadpool. That is a sick statue done up by Sosa. It's an absolutely incredible piece.

I actually really enjoyed him in the latest Wolverine Origins TPB. Funny and very violent. Great combination! He is in the entire story.

There's also the Deadpool/Cable TPB collection (there's like 8 or 9 I think). Great read, Deadpool and Cable at their best (and nothing at all like the old 90's new mutants/X force garbage).

Can't wait to pick up Deadpool vs. Marvel and Wolverine Origins tomorrow. Looks like they'll be a good read. Still trying to find Deapool 66 & 67 though, my local shops don't have it. I wanna read about keychain Rhino:lol

Can't wait to pick up Deadpool vs. Marvel and Wolverine Origins tomorrow. Looks like they'll be a good read. Still trying to find Deapool 66 & 67 though, my local shops don't have it. I wanna read about keychain Rhino:lol

oh god, that was a GREAT comic. OH! Don't forget if you're reading deadpool you need to eventualy pick up the Agent X comics as well.

Back