• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Deadbeat buyer/Scammer Alert - Christopher Rabideau

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a criminal issue the police would do anything about. It's a civil small claims court matter at this point. He didn't steal your money. He owes you money

It's not a criminal issue the police would do anything about. It's a civil small claims court matter at this point. He didn't steal your money. He owes you money

Yes, thank you for sharing. Can't say it added much to the knowledge pool but thanks. Hope you dont have to go through an ordeal like that.

In the UK you would be able file a claim in the small claims court. That usually prompts a response. I assume the US has something equivalent.

4b80c60c9e0fc5b9059f24e114c851da.jpg

Seems he is educated on criminal matters...

I feel for you... The dude seems like a working professional making decent money. I would quickly pony up the $30 if I were him.

Enz I just had a guy lie to me sell me a fake Xmen Origins Wolverine so I'm $250 in the hole another sold me one said it was brand new that was $300 I didn't do anything about either one I just got wiser, chalk it up as a learning experience if you were to take him to small claims you would spend more money in gas driving to the court house than what he owes you.

Enz I just had a guy lie to me sell me a fake Xmen Origins Wolverine so I'm $250 in the hole another sold me one said it was brand new that was $300 I didn't do anything about either one I just got wiser, chalk it up as a learning experience if you were to take him to small claims you would spend more money in gas driving to the court house than what he owes you.
Oh yeah, you're right. I just let it go at this point.

I'm just warning people now.

Thanks for the heads up though.
$30 isn't worth it. The dude can keep it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh man, I would literally send him an email and ask if you are going to get your 30 bucks or if you should just call Air Energy and ask if you could leave a message for him with random people about deadbeat paying. If he has any brains that should definitely light a spark under him to finish payment.

Oh man, I would literally send him an email and ask if you are going to get your 30 bucks or if you should just call Air Energy and ask if you could leave a message for him with random people about deadbeat paying. If he has any brains that should definitely light a spark under him to finish payment.

Haha..as fulfilling as that sounds, its best for me to just leave it.

That $30 must mean a lot to you.

You have the doll and $150 of his money. Just refund him and relist the doll.

I'm a huge collector in another hobby and just starting to get into 1/6's. In my other hobby, no one would ever send an item without receiving payment in full. Period. One would like to take people for their word these days but there is so much internet fraud, you really can't unless you know the person. Which is sad. Bottom line, this is on you for sending the figure before getting full payment. Be thankful it is only $30, I have seen far worse cases. Just chalk it up to a lesson learned and him taking advantage of you.
Also, if you read PayPal's policy on buyer protection you are not covered if you make partial/multiple payments. So try to save up and make one lump payment instead of partials.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/PayPal-Protection-for-Buyers-FAQ2378

I'm a huge collector in another hobby and just starting to get into 1/6's. In my other hobby, no one would ever send an item without receiving payment in full. Period. One would like to take people for their word these days but there is so much internet fraud, you really can't unless you know the person. Which is sad. Bottom line, this is on you for sending the figure before getting full payment. Be thankful it is only $30, I have seen far worse cases. Just chalk it up to a lesson learned and him taking advantage of you.
Also, if you read PayPal's policy on buyer protection you are not covered if you make partial/multiple payments. So try to save up and make one lump payment instead of partials.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/PayPal-Protection-for-Buyers-FAQ2378

Right, thats already been established if you read the rest of the thread. Glad to know youre in the same mindset though.

Back