Dead Silence: Mary Shaw (Judith Roberts)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really love the movie "Dead Silence". Its a shame NECA never picked up the license for some figures (But Carrie gets nabbed? Ugh.)

Creepy little throw back of a horror film. A genuine "monster movie".

I have been to many horror conventions in the past with my younger son (Seth). But no one ever booked the actress who played Mary Shaw for an appearance for whatever reason. Apparently it took a few years for this film to gather a little following of its own. During which time, I had quit going to cons, as Seth kind of has been getting out of horror films.

Anyway---Son of Monsterpalooza booked Judith Roberts for a private signing for the scary closet (www.thescarycloset.com). They were/are offering some signed photos for sale on evil bay. So---this is my Christmas present courtesy of the wife. Now all I need is a decent figure of this remarkably spooky undead spectral ventriloquist.

175b8f1db22bb51e61a3c7a0c332364f.jpg

39c365eb04cdaa14af0d12d6222426e6.jpg

Very cool. Dead Silence imho had some genuinely creepy moments. Billy the dummy was also pretty creepy (even though he looked an awful lot like Slappy from the Goosebumps books).

I thought it was a neat little movie. Most reviewers hate it with a passion though. Didnt make much money either. But the actress they had playing Mary Shaw had a weird sort of spooky elegance to her. Plus they used all the classic elements of old school monster movies. Billowing drapes, rolling fogs, spooky overgrown graveyards and abandoned gothic architecture. The plot of a vengeful ghost using her little wooden dummies to hide her life force in was cool too. The Slappy reference wasn't lost on me either....my kid pointed it out. Big Goosebumps watcher.

To me, it was a cross between a Universal and a Hammer picture, even though it gets a lot of hate.

over at Universal Studios they did a "haunted house" for this movie in 2007. They had Billy the puppet in one of the rooms and they had the evil clown puppet at the end of the house.
They also had a room full of puppets like in the scene where they find all the puppets. And they had a woman dress like Mary Shaw (Also had a Mary Shaw corpse for one of the rooms)

It felt like going inside the movie. They had the song playing when you were waiting in line and they had the beginning of the movie showing on a projector before going in the house as well

[ame]https://youtu.be/KoIMKm_fHlU[/ame]

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01865.jpg

loved the movie, one of the creepiest movies ever!

they had planned to make a second one but decided against it because it didnt do to well... sux though i would have loved a second one

Back