DCD 13" Green Arrow - In Stores 4/02/2008

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original will easily cost you about $110 before shipment although I believe at one time the original was going for almost $200.....the costuming is better and the FS is definitely more youthful. The rerelease has a headsculpt that doesn't really fit the costuming and the costuming itself isn't really the best on Hal although its fine for the other heads it comes with.

The original will easily cost you about $110 before shipment although I believe at one time the original was going for almost $200.....the costuming is better and the FS is definitely more youthful. The rerelease has a headsculpt that doesn't really fit the costuming and the costuming itself isn't really the best on Hal although its fine for the other heads it comes with.

The original was hitting over $300 at one time on eBay. I thought that the HS was the same?

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sure its the same head. Just the different style of costume. I think the original will still probably sell for more, but the days of $200+ are probably over.

The GL rerelease is the better deal, if you don't like the scale you could always display him with one of the alien heads that comes with him. No telling exactly what the correct hight of one of them is. You could also sell the extra alien heads and possibly make some of the expense of the figure back.

I really want Green Arrow, but the scale is off putting.

Ironically it's the scale difference that is helping push me to get Green Arrow. Batman, Batgirl, and Nightwing are lonely.

I only have the first Superman and I've been looking to add another to have Clark in there as well but I will definitely add Bizarro to the set up when he ships.

Bizarro does look like cool entry into the series... and having him be huge and hulking really works.

I hope they eventually release a Darkseid... thats one I'd really love to see.

i want a smallville version green arrow.

Now if they did representations from movies and TV the DCD13 bodies really wouldn't work. We see the bulky bodies on the Batman movie figures look bad, although the skinny body on Joker seems okay.

I wonder if Smallville is popular in Asia so that HT might do figures? That would be the best. I'd get the entire League and Lex and Kara.

The movie characters have really been the worst so far... it does look like with the new slimmer body at least the Ledger Joker will be decent. Still probably gigantic though.

You could also sell the extra alien heads and possibly make some of the expense of the figure back.

This is what I'm planning on doing.
The other Lanterns aren't as important to me as getting Hal.

I can't believe I passed on him when i saw him in my local comic book shop for $60 when he first came out.

Just picked this up during my lunch and took a couple quick pictures for now cause I gotta get back to work...enjoy! This is as far as I could take him out for now. Quick thoughts...trick arrows are in front and the extra arrows are in a bag in the quiver, no sculpted hands just a set of bendies like I thought...grrrrh! The costuming is nicely done but the collar is a little poofy looking. The face is too fleshy/pasty colored looking in person it could use a wash to bring out the details in the face and hair. It looks better in my pictures for some reason.

p1000944kc8.jpg

p1000945il7.jpg

p1000946cb0.jpg

p1000947sd6.jpg

Last edited:
Bendy hands? :monkey4

Poofy collar? Looks like a hood sweatshirt! :monkey4:monkey4

Can't wait to get mine Monday! :duh

Last edited:
Before anyone gets on me about the poofy collar comment, I realize it is supposed to be a little oversized. I haven't been able to futz with it yet but it still looks too poofy on the box pictures.

Right now without having taken the figure out of the box, I would give him a solid 7.5/8 out of 10 (barring any issues with loose joints or any broken accessories). It would score higher with a better paint job on the head and if it included extra sculpted hands which they have started to use more recently. I wish there would be more consistency with the bendy vs sculpted accessory hands. I would have easily rather had extra sculpted hands and fewer arrows to ensure he could hold the bow properly.

Notice how DCD has change to a "1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figure" description on the box? Used to be called a 13 Inch Deluxe Collector Figure.

There online catalog has the new ones listed as 1/6 as well... guess they aren't too good with measurements :lol

Figure looks pretty cool though, the giant amount of arrows is nice, bummer about the bendy hands though.

The poofy collar is accurate to the 70s costume, no biggie there. The hands thing does bug me though. I'm going to pissed if he can't do the pose in the solicitation shots of drawing the bow.

Back