DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

I pre-ordered AK Red Hood as well.

I'm currently building a Arkham City Black Mask and to start I commissioned a custom head sculpt. The customizer used a MOTUC Scareglow head and sculpted the rip in the mask, the hair and painted eyes and full repaint.

SC9wSx.jpg

Reference:
r2baHq.jpg
The head looks really great so far! Can't wait to see how it'll look once it's done! :clap

That Red Hood looks incredible

Updated my Shelves again with:

Harley's Revenge Harley & Scarface, Robin
AA series 1 Batman (got him & a 2nd Azrael for $20)
AA 4-pack Joker
5 Origins Bane Mercenaries customs (4 of them are on previous pages)
AA Quincy Sharp custom

4 GCPD SWAT with Branden, 4 Black Mask goons with Black Mask, 3 Joker Goons with Joker & Red Hood, and 5 Bane Mercenaries:
7hIA9X.jpg

5E0P8K.jpg

P8CA2h.jpg

zGUVUU.jpg

The head looks really great so far! Can't wait to see how it'll look once it's done! :clap

Here's how Black Mask looks now before I find a customizer to paint him up for me:
bMQj8e.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture, camera died mid-picture. Don't have any extra batteries.

Here's a collage of the parts I used:
2ZZNTJ.jpg

Damn! Love the breakdown on the recipe, and also good choice with The Spirit body. This is turning out really great. :hi5:

Thanks. Now I need to find someone to repaint him for me. Other than the two customizers who have been doing my Arkham customs, everyone I knew before have quit commissions or have stopped all together.

With the latest trailer of Batman: Arkham Knight showcasing the designs of the AK's henchmen in action, particularly those of the Combat Expert, would you buy figures of them if DCC released them?

...Horribly phrased I know, but I couldn't think of another way to word it at the moment.

I love the trailer and can't wait to play the game next year! I can't wait to see who else is in the game and some more of the character designs. I'm hoping we will get at lease one new giant deluxe figure out of this game (even though we are waiting until JUNE for the one that was supposed to be out in July). Also I'm really hoping we will get an Arkham Gordon this time around. I realllllyyy need a Gordon figure to go with my collection, I'm on the cusp of buying the Capullo one that comes out next year, but I really would like a Gordon with the older look, like in the Arkham games.

Hey thought I'd breath a little more life back into my favourite forum. Really miss the activity on here.

I've been waiting for a while since they announced Diamond was releasing all of the unsold Hugo Strange figures to finally get one at a decent price. And living here in Canada even when there is a decent price the shipping to here made it unreasonable all over again.

I know they were released technically last week but my shop seems to get everything I want late. Finally picked him up yesterday at only $32.99 CAD which is surprising considering the standard DCC figures they release at that store are like $27.99 which is outrageous.

Anyways I am thrilled to finally have him. He's a figure I never really expected I would ever end up with. I haven't opened him yet because I'm trying to make him a little Christmas present to myself.

I definitely feel I got the best one there but there are some substantial quality issues with these it seems. Mine's biggest issue is just some black flecks on one of his lenses but the other two there had the already hideous purple lips extended all the way into his beard. I've also seem him with his glasses so distorted they cant sit on his face. Mines not bad, and I'm glad I have him, but I would have hated if I needed to buy on of the others.

The fact that they made him a con exclusive was pretty silly so I'm glad that he eventually came out, but even then at a premium charge.

Just thought I'd share. Hope to see this forum back running to its full potential when the AK figures arrive.

Was Clayface delayed for so long to get a major retool?

^ I hope so.

There were certainly lots of complaints about the look of the figure brought to DCC's attention, which they acknowledged, so hopefully they've taken them on board and changed the figure. I didn't hate it, but it certainly wasn't game accurate, so I'd very much welcome a change in the sculpt.

Then again, it was stated somewhere that the delay was due to manufacturing problems. So there's a chance the sculpt hasn't changed at all.

New Origins figures:
2015_NYTF_DC_Collecibles151__scaled_600.jpg

2015_NYTF_DC_Collecibles156__scaled_600.jpg

2015_NYTF_DC_Collecibles154__scaled_600.jpg

And from City:
2015_NYTF_DC_Collecibles165__scaled_600.jpg

I'm beyond happy with the Origins figures and AC Bruce Wayne.

Wow, the Arkham Knight Batman looks flawless. Lots of improvements.

2015_NYTF_DC_Collecibles139__scaled_600.jpg
2015_NYTF_DC_Collecibles140__scaled_600.jpg
2015_NYTF_DC_Collecibles164__scaled_600.jpg
2015_NYTF_DC_Collecibles163__scaled_600.jpg

The head being the biggest improvement. I love that he has open hands for his gadgets.

Nice new waves. I'll likely pass on Bruce Wayne but the new Origins figures are nice.

I'm loving the Bruce Wayne, I've always wanted a Bruce Wayne in a suit. It seems like DC Collectibles listened to fans about needing those last 2 assassins. I will definitely picking them both up. The Dr. Quinzel looks amazing. It's a shame we didn't get to see Clayface again, as I would like some new pictures and information. Is anyone on here actually at Toy Fair? Could maybe ask someone on the booth what is up with him.

Great to see this thread back on the first page! I really wasn't expecting anything other than Arkham Knight related reveals at Toy Fair, so it's great to see them go back to City and Origins. I love the three pack with Shiva, Harleen and Electrocutioner. They all look fantastic and I'm really happy we're finally getting all the assassins. It'll also be nice to have some more females on my Origins shelf other than Copperhead!

Bruce Wayne looks great, but I think I'll have to pass on it. No way I'm buying all those repeat Batman figures AGAIN. They could've at least included the Origins Batman with the open hands and Remote Claw, but it looks like the original version to me.

Shame there were no new Knight reveals, but I'm guessing they couldn't show any even if they had some ready since Rocksteady/WB haven't revealed that many characters for the game yet. I'm sure we'll get more reveals closer to the game's release date.
Now that DCC have revealed the BTAS Batmobile, I'd bet an Arkham Knight Batmobile is on the cards too!

Back