DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Someone on Facebook suggested it's Deadshot's boot. I lost my save so I don't have the character trophy to check, but someone should check that out.

It could always be a thug, but I feel like they wouldn't be hyping it like this if it was.

Looking at Calendar Man's knees, they have a similar 'criss-cross' look, and if you consider the joint at the bottom of the spoiler pic a knee joint, it fits perfectly. I think the colour in the image has been altered, as an orange would give it away immediately.

Last edited:

Ahhhh yeah I see it now! It could definitely be Deadshot's boot. The criss-cross pattern to the left is the boot laces. It certainly matches up with the look/pattern/colour of his boots.

Yeah I'm convinced it's Deadshot now too. Looking forward to the full reveal on Tuesday.

Imagine our shock if turned out not to be Deadshot :L haha!
But yes, I agree, that definitely looks like boot!! Seems quite clear now.
I can't wait for more pictures/announcements about further figures! I'm so hungry for more Arkham!! They can't come quick enough!

On a side note, picked up the Halo 4 Master Chief the other day, ... wow! I love it!

I'm now going to start a (modestly small) collection of the key characters/ common aliens, ! and maybe a warthog or two, ... ;) haha

Good grief. That's the big "spoiler alert" they've been talking about? What a crap reveal. They spent a month teasing ... another tease.

There's a fine line between "tease" and "irritate". They must think we're sitting around repeatedly refreshing our browsers panting and waiting for the next useless tidbit of information. Its a $15 action figure ... not a sexy woman, or a sports car, or a forthcoming movie or video game, or even a high-end action figure.

Lose the never-ending drumroll and get on with it already. I'm losing interest.

SnakeDoc

Good grief. That's the big "spoiler alert" they've been talking about? What a crap reveal. They spent a month teasing ... another tease.

There's a fine line between "tease" and "irritate". They must think we're sitting around repeatedly refreshing our browsers panting and waiting for the next useless tidbit of information. Its a $15 action figure ... not a sexy woman, or a sports car, or a forthcoming movie or video game, or even a high-end action figure.

Lose the never-ending drumroll and get on with it already. I'm losing interest.

SnakeDoc
They've spent a month teasing a teaser, and they told us right from the start that the image released on the 31st would be a teaser image. I've no idea why people seem annoyed or disappointed in this.

And guess what? If you build hype for a product, it increases interest, and then more people buy it, so you make more profit. And since they're a business, they're going to do things to maximise profits. Also, has there ever actually been a Deadshot figure? If not, seems a decent thing to hype up a little.

Also I like how you place 'sexy woman' in the same list as movies, video games and cars. You don't objectify women at ALL.

I'm also just sick of people pointlessly complaining about this line. We knew we were getting a teaser image, and that's what we got. The figure's coming out, is there any point being annoyed at how it is publicised?

They've spent a month teasing a teaser, and they told us right from the start that the image released on the 31st would be a teaser image. I've no idea why people seem annoyed or disappointed in this.

And guess what? If you build hype for a product, it increases interest, and then more people buy it, so you make more profit. And since they're a business, they're going to do things to maximise profits. Also, has there ever actually been a Deadshot figure? If not, seems a decent thing to hype up a little.

Also I like how you place 'sexy woman' in the same list as movies, video games and cars. You don't objectify women at ALL.

I'm also just sick of people pointlessly complaining about this line. We knew we were getting a teaser image, and that's what we got. The figure's coming out, is there any point being annoyed at how it is publicised?

Haha. I put "sexy women" in a list of things where its worth teasing the reveal. Never had the wife give you a lap dance? Its sometimes better if she doesn't jump right to the money shot(s). Teasers are a good thing, so long as there's a payoff worth waiting for.

For what its worth, I only "objectify women" when the occasion calls for it. I try to have such an occasion at least once a day.

As for the rest -- teasing sometimes increases interest, when done well for something worth teasing. When done poorly it just frustrates. When done on something not worth teasing its just pitiful -- like your wife doing a 10-minute tease, and then revealing her forearm or something (to get back to the objectifying).

ETA -- and, yes, there have been several Deadshot figures before this one. DCUC. JLU. Identity Crisis.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

blah, Deadshot will be cool but I really have my heart set on Grundy or clayface. Or at the very least two-face! Perhaps in time?

blah, Deadshot will be cool but I really have my heart set on Grundy or clayface. Or at the very least two-face! Perhaps in time?
Definitely in time. They did say they plan to do everyone.

Also I think the reveal being Deadshot means we have another two waves at least, since I can't see Strange and Two-Face in the same wave. Could happen, but I expect a couple waves with added thugs and remakes of AA figures to split them up.

I'm sure they could easily do two more waves, for example:

Batman
Hugo Strange
Calendar man
Thug

Batman
Two Face
Black Mask
Thug

That is of course if they stick to four figure waves. Plus then there's Grundy and Clayface to add in amongst those.

Weren't we supposed to be getting another teaser image again today btw?

Yeah, here it is:

525567_10151314337384258_25073150_n.jpg

So the first spoiler alert was the foot. Now the chest. I'm guessing the head/full reveal will be next?

Oooh! Oooh! It's Harley's Revenge Harley!! Called it!! :lol :lol
(just kidding for anyone who didn't catch that!)

Must be Deadshot's shirt/hoody/top thing judging by the colour. I'm excited to see the full reveal now. Been wanting Deadshot for a while as I thought he'd make a really great looking figure and would look great with the other Arkham rogues too.

Oooh! Oooh! It's Harley's Revenge Harley!! Called it!! :lol :lol
(just kidding for anyone who didn't catch that!)

Must be Deadshot's shirt/hoody/top thing judging by the colour. I'm excited to see the full reveal now. Been wanting Deadshot for a while as I thought he'd make a really great looking figure and would look great with the other Arkham rogues too.

I think its Calander Man, though that is only becuase I can't really what color the shirt is. Heres hoping its Deadshot.

I think its Calander Man, though that is only becuase I can't really what color the shirt is. Heres hoping its Deadshot.
We already know it's Deadshot - check the boot image against yesterday's spoiler pic on the previous page.

I guess we all looked too much into the Halloween teaser date for Calendar Man. Funny thing is the original teaser from NYCC was by far more definative proof of Deadshot than either of these new Spoiler Alerts (which frankly suck and I hope they stop) :lol

3rd Facebook picture is up.., I just want to see the whole thing now, hurry up! we KNOW what it is!

Yeah I'm eager to see the whole figure now too, but not long to wait. Just 4 days till we see :D

Back