DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman #9 was an excellent read!

The main story was alright, but not as good as the previous issues, imo. I don't like where they're going with the backup story though. If the Court of Owls work their way into Batman's origin, that isn't going to sit well with me at all.

I agree. It actually got me getting the Red Hood series as well since he's gonna be part of it. Still "NO" to Batwing though. :lol

Not sure 'bout the Birds Of Prey either.

No Gail Simone = no Birds of Prey

Don't write off BoP, it's a solid read. It's not the old BoP but the new team has it's own interesting dynamic. Enjoying it the same if not more than the Gail Simone runs.

Well, the newest Green Lantern (spotted briefly in DC's FCBD sampler) is official and will debut in Issue #0 in September. He's also sporting a lame 90s costume, carrying an actual gun and by the looks of his tattoo may be our first Muslim GL:

GL_Cv0_PREVIEWS_final2_0.jpg

Oh, and getting the axe (canceled) after September:

Captain Atom
Justice League International
Resurrection Man
Voodoo

Carl, are you still keeping up with Voodoo?

I dropped it awhile back.

I was buying too many books each month, and it really adds up.

Trying to keep my pull list to about a dozen titles...

No, I dropped it a couple of issues ago. I didn't like how they booted Marz off the book really early on and replaced him with Josh Williamson, who immediately introduced an utterly contrived plot line involving Voodoo being a clone, and that became the main thrust of the book. Blech.

I just bought the new 52 Batman #1 a couple weeks ago. My first comic in a good 20 years. My, how they have changed. Picked up 2 and 3 a week later. Great, another addiction.

I just bought the new 52 Batman #1 a couple weeks ago. My first comic in a good 20 years. My, how they have changed. Picked up 2 and 3 a week later. Great, another addiction.

Damn, you're in for a treat then. BATMAN is easily one of the 2-3 best New 52 books, and it really starts getting interesting with Issue 4.

shoudlnt it be called the 'New 44" now? 8 titles cancelled right?

Liefeld gets cancelled off of Hawk/Dove only to be rewarded with Hawkman and Deathstroke.

I was enjoying Deathstroke, but quit reading as soon as I heard the news.

Batman #10 didn't sit well with me. I don't like what's going on in the backup story, and I really don't like what happened with the big reveal at the end. They were telling a great story without shaking up the mythos too much before, why the sudden change? Seems cheap to me.

Story has been great up until now.

its not changing. Its just bringing an old story back. Apparently, there has always been another Wayne

I think all the Thomas Wayne stuff went away after the first Crisis. Then we had brother Bane, and very recently we had Thomas Wayne Jr. as Doctor Hurt. It just rubs the wrong way to have the old "Luke, I am your father." cliché that's been done in Batman before in an otherwise very refreshing story.

Reached a point now where I think I'm going to drop a lot of the titles on my pull list, up for the chop are JLA (although I may see what happens in #11), Flash (seems a good point to drop this title although would be interesting to see how they handle Barry Allen's 'death'), Batman Incorporated (just dont think I need this as well as Detective Comics, TDK & the main Batman title). Might also drop Green Lantern.

On DC's site however, when talking about Tim they say issue #0's about how he became Batman's third Robin.

If they do take that away from his character it outright ignores everything in new 52 issues that state Tim Drake: Former Robin and "Robin the boy wonder, I didn't pick the name" etc.

Back