DC Direct 13" Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
My question is - how will he compare with Batgirl? Much shorter? Or the same height? I'd prefer the teens be the same size as the women, but I doubt that's gonna happen.
Same questions from me. I'd like the teen figure to top out no more than 11.5" which is also what I'm hoping the female figures will be. Catwoman is scheduled to arrive July 4th so at least we won't have long to wait anymore on finding out the size of the fem bodies.

Without the mask, the head sculpt kinda looks like actor Tom Welling from Smallville. I see possible customs in the future for SV fans.

McHaleyArt said:
Without the mask, the head sculpt kinda looks like actor Tom Welling from Smallville. I see possible customs in the future for SV fans.

Psshht SAID THAT! :rotfl

I was thinking some custom-freaks will do that though. It lools A LOT like him to me.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Psshht SAID THAT! :rotfl

I was thinking some custom-freaks will do that though. It lools A LOT like him to me.
Well, for all we know they could've been using him as reference. Never hurts the sale of other figures that copy celebs likenesses.

Doesn't look like Welling to me, but DCD has been known to use celebrity likenesses for their superhero sculpts.

Wow, that figure really points out how utterly laughable that costume is. I mean, if I were Batman's sidekick and he told me to wear that thing I'd say forget it dude, I'd rather fight crooks in a gorilla suit than that thing--at least then I might actually be intimidating instead of looking like a five-year old in his superhero pajamas.

I gotta agree with you on that one Capn. The relationship with Batman had enough creepy potential without the boy wonders panty-suit :rotfl

Looks like there's been confirmation that Robin will be 12" and therefore shorter than the usual 13".

The 13" Robin is on schedule for arriving in stores this coming Wednesday, 2/6.

:chew

That's strange. Figured if they got the Sideshow stuff, they'd have the DC Direct early too.
Oh well...Can't wait to see him in person on Wednesday...should have him in hand a week later from CSC.

I think it has to do with DCD having actual release dates in their solicits (like 2/6/08) instead of something general like Sideshow uses (1st Qtr. 2008).

I have mine on preorder from Marc @ Alter Ego so I should have it Saturday or Monday. This line has been really Bat heavy (especially the last 6 months) but I'm still anxious to add this one to my collection!

We only get it on Monday, here in Singapore. Looking forward to any pix prior to that as its a new body sculpt. :)

Well.. Like the rest of the DCdirect line, the costume and head look great.....
the body... not so much.....
If i could get ahold of the hal jordan green lantern, I'd SOOOO do a body swap.

You'd swap the Green Lantern with the Robin body?

Or do you mean you'd take the costume from the muscled 13" GL and put it on a 1/6 body so GL would look like a little boy in his dad's pajamas?

I stopped at the nearest comic shop during lunch to check this out but they sold out before I got there, so I am guessing it must have turned out ok. They only had ordered two and were surprised they sold that quickly as they have a bunch of the other 13"ers on their shelves that aren't moving well.

I am going to try another shop on the way home. I would have a hard time paying the $70 retail for this one though but if it looks good I might try to talk the owner down on the price for me and get some pictures up later.

Back