DC Direct 13" Power Girl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power Girl is frequently depicted as having a small cape, so I have no problem with that. But the boots need a bigger top flap.

She's not bad, but the question of scale is raised. I always envisioned Batgirl (Babs) and Supergirl as being about the same size and Power Girl much larger. Now Batgirl and Power Girl will be about the same size - will the eventual Supergirl also be that size?

I think she looks great although most of the gripes do have merit. DCD is known for tweaking after posting pics of their prototypes so we could see some changes yet.

wookilar8 said:
YIKES! This is not the way to pose her.

powergirl3.jpg

heh, well, if DCD's female body is anything like their male body, there ain't going to be a lot of different decent posing options (all those cut joints right through the muscles really look **** under lycra... and their sharp edges can catch on the material too).

Nick

gambit said:
obviously you don't know Milo Manara
I am familiar with Milo Manara. I didn't write AH drew women more naked or in wierder bondage gear than anyone else. Milo would win that contest. I just wrote AH has a special touch drawing women. They're both talented comic artists, and I like AH's style.

screamingmetal said:
...Is this an Andy Bergholtz sculpt?...

Nope, not this one. I'm not sure who did this one actually.

p.s. On a semi-related note, anyone see the 13" Martian Manhunter in stores yet?

'Sposed to get it tomorrow, Andy. Pictures are nice and I'm looking forward to getting him.
So Andy, want to announce all the upcoming figures your doing for DCD? We won't tell anyone.

Darklord Dave said:
Power Girl is frequently depicted as having a small cape, so I have no problem with that. But the boots need a bigger top flap.

She's not bad, but the question of scale is raised. I always envisioned Batgirl (Babs) and Supergirl as being about the same size and Power Girl much larger. Now Batgirl and Power Girl will be about the same size - will the eventual Supergirl also be that size?

This is why I've passed on most of this line. I'll bite on people who are supposed to be really tall.

I'm still undecided on what i'll do about Wonder Woman....

I don't think anyone (except maybe Andy) here really knows how tall the DCD females will be. I agree that Power Girl (5'7" in current continuity as I recall) should be taller than Bab's (who is fairly short) or her younger doppelganger self Kara (who is a teenager), but I'll be surprised if they aren't all the same height. The Flash is as tall as Martian Manhunter in the world of DCD 13" figures. I'm just hoping the ladies arent as tall as Superman and Captain Marvel. Well know what's what when Catwoman comes out.

chamildav said:
I don't think anyone (except maybe Andy) here really knows how tall the DCD females will be. I agree that Power Girl (5'7" in current continuity as I recall) should be taller than Bab's (who is fairly short) or her younger doppelganger self Kara (who is a teenager), but I'll be surprised if they aren't all the same height. The Flash is as tall as Martian Manhunter in the world of DCD 13" figures. I'm just hoping the ladies arent as tall as Superman and Captain Marvel. Well know what's what when Catwoman comes out.
Yeah The size on these are puzzling. I don't think they'll make them true 1/6 scale because they wouldn't fit in with the previous releases so they'll be taller then they should be. But if the head and hand size stays true, then they might better fit for a transplant to a true 1/6 female body. Unfortunately the costumes would need to be extensively hemmed.

Back