DC Direct 13" Catwoman.....Out This Week!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Super Freak
Reaction score
So who's buying the DCD 13" Catwoman this week? Mine will arrive next week from AlterEgo. While not as excited for this release as I have been for others, I'm anxious to see how DCD does with their first female. I hope they tweaked the head a bit.....

13DeluxeCatwoman2.jpg

I'll be getting her. I am right with you on the head thourgh. I hope they tweaked it a bit. After seeing the other females coming down the road I went back and ordered Selina as well.

I know I usually help you out and post pictures right away but this is the first one other than the movie figures that I will be passing on or at least from buying at the LCS. I will probably go and check it out, if I decide I like it I will end up getting her online cheaper.

I'll get her and let Batman ****** her when I'm out of my room and the toys become alive! And when Robin's out they can have a Bi 3-Way!

Sorry, that is quite unlike my humour, but just came to me and I had to let it out!:monkey3

I've ordered her. I'm not that familiar with this incarnation of her though. I'll maybe get more of them, but i'm not that interested in the "classic" Batman and Batgirl though.

Natrix said:
I know I usually help you out and post pictures right away but this is the first one other than the movie figures that I will be passing on or at least from buying at the LCS. I will probably go and check it out, if I decide I like it I will end up getting her online cheaper.

:monkey4

How could you Natrix? What am I supposed to do until I receive mine next Tuesday? In the future, I'd appreciate it if you'd schedule somebody to fill in for you. :D

I definitely hope they've worked on the head. But I'm anxious to see the scale and how the female figure turned out. Love the mini-money and diamond accessories too.

I'm curious to see how the first female comes out. If she isn't too bad I'm try and grab at a discount somewhere. Still think the price on these is outrageous, but she'll be cheaper than the takara version any way you slice. I'm with the majority here hoping they've done something about her tiny head. And does she really need Powergirl breasts???

JoeSweden said:
I've ordered her. I'm not that familiar with this incarnation of her though. I'll maybe get more of them, but i'm not that interested in the "classic" Batman and Batgirl though.

This Catwoman is based on the Jeph Loeb/Jim Lee Batman classic HUSH from a few years ago. This is Jim Lee's interpretation of Catwoman, and I must say, if you have seen any pics of her in the comics, she ain't bad.

I saw it at the LCS today....I broke down and bought it.

It looks really nice and she actually has three different sets of hands and the goggles are separate from the head sculpt. She also has the whip, diamond, glass cutting tool and a velvet bag but no money that I can see.

I will get some pictures up in a little bit and put her with Batman for a size comparison.

Got a surprise while taking her out of the package, in addition to having oversized boobs, they are soft and smooshy. They don't feel like bags of sand like they are supposed to...:D

First picture of her in the tray with all the accessories!

p1000273lu8.jpg

And now...the size comparison with Batman!

p1000274ec8.jpg

When they do a Wonder Woman, it looks like she might be a little too small without a little modification to the standard body (height wise not chest wise!).

Positives:

1. Suit nicely done, separate goggles, belt, boots with laces.

2. Three sets of hands and lots of accessories!

3. Female body seems pretty nice. Cut joints aren't as noticable because of the lack of muscle build of the male bodies.

The only negatives I have are:

1. The head joint on mine is way to wobbly, she can't keep her head up straight.

2. The suit while nicely done is way to constrictive to really move the legs at the hip joints. The arms move fine and hold their poses but the legs will be staying pretty straight.

Looks definitely better than the prototype pictures. Is this really worth the money Natrix or should we hold off?

Also can you take more pictures of her from different angles, and more of the packaging...

Thanks!

Yeah it looks bad from those pics, maybe the production piece is better. Really awkward head size going on.

Eli26 said:
Looks definitely better than the prototype pictures. Is this really worth the money Natrix or should we hold off?

Also can you take more pictures of her from different angles, and more of the packaging...

Thanks!

Is it worth it...well, I wasn't planning on getting her but when I saw it, it came home with me. It does have a few more accessories and sculpted hands so you feel like you are getting more for your money even though the figure is smaller although she is scaled pretty well to the male figures. If you get her online a little cheaper than it is worth it if you have the other figures to display her with.

I will try to get a few more pictures up later.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Yeah it looks bad from those pics, maybe the production piece is better. Really awkward head size going on.

In my photos or the preview picture in the first post?

Head size looks fine in person. The goggles might throw of the perception a little bit.

Yes, but unfortunately because something comes back home with us doesn't necessarily mean we made a purchase we feel proud about. Sometimes we purchase on impulse. I know I have. I am trying to get away from that and only get what really intrigues me. Those pictures of your's definitely have sparked interest and I actually think the head is more in scale to the rest of her body vs. the earlier prototype shots we have seen. I need more pictures from different angles to get a better idea as to whether not I get her. I already have 3 DCD 13" figures, so she would be in some good company.

Huh, she looks a lot better than I originally thought she would. I broke down and ordered the first version of Superman because I found a relatively cheap eBay auction so I think I might be heading down this road already.....Gotta prep my wallet for the onslaught that is Green Lantern if I continue with this line....

I think she turned out really well. I prefer my Takara Catwoman though.
The size is perfect for very tall 1/6 female superheroes. Power Girl and Wonder Woman will fit nicely into my true 1/6 figures!

Eli26 said:
Yes, but unfortunately because something comes back home with us doesn't necessarily mean we made a purchase we feel proud about. Sometimes we purchase on impulse. I know I have. I am trying to get away from that and only get what really intrigues me. Those pictures of your's definitely have sparked interest and I actually think the head is more in scale to the rest of her body vs. the earlier prototype shots we have seen. I need more pictures from different angles to get a better idea as to whether not I get her. I already have 3 DCD 13" figures, so she would be in some good company.

Right, but I can't tell you if it is worth it for you. If you have others and felt that they were worth it then you would probably be happy with it, especially if you get it online and save a few bucks. I think it is very nicely done and has more accessories than normal so for me it is worth it.

As you can tell by the side shot the boobs are really oversized (just like most comic art). I think she looks better with the suit zipped up all the way

The body will be good for Power Girl but I don't think it will look good on the upcoming Batgirl.

Sorry for the crappy/blurry pictures but I was in a hurry.

p1000276fv3.jpg

p1000278lq9.jpg

p1000279zc6.jpg

Back