DC Direct 1/2 Joker bust (comic version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwayne

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone have this bust? Not the crappy Ledger 1/2, but rather the creepy comic version. Any in hand pics of this? I have one of the few 1/2 Batman busts that the bat emblem did not peel off, so I want to know if the Joker is worth getting for a companion piece.

This is the one I am talking about: https://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=9418

9418_a_full.jpg

9418_b_full.jpg

9418_c_full.jpg

Yeah, I have seen the promo pics, but I wanted to make sure that it turned out just as good.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one. I recently got the DK Joker 1:2 version for 1/2 off at an e-store and I was very impressed with the Mixed media and scale of the bust. Is it perfect, no the eye makeup is a bit much, but I still think it's a great piece and a welcome addition to any collection and worth what it goes for now!

jk1.jpg

jk10.jpg

jk2.jpg

jk3.jpg

jk4.jpg

jk5.jpg

jk6.jpg

jk7.jpg

jk9.jpg

I like it too, i don't understand how some people could be so anal.

I definately wouldn't own it, and there is absolutely zero likeness there, but i can still appreciate the work. Its better than say, the medicom joker.

Not necessarily specific to this product, but why is there yet to be a single Ledger Joker, you know, LAUGHING?!!? What is there, like the bobblehead?

Not necessarily specific to this product, but why is there yet to be a single Ledger Joker, you know, LAUGHING?!!? What is there, like the bobblehead?

The answer is Heath Ledger did VERY LITTLE laughing in the film. I tried to keep count and he laughed a total of about 6 times...if my memory serves me correctly. This was one of my biggest problems with the film. I'm all for seeing new dimensions of a character as the franchise develops, but i am still not fond of what Heath Ledger did for the Joker as a character. Was it a performance of a lifetime? HELL YES....there is no denying that. he literally changed the face of the Joker with ONE performance...that's saying a lot. He played the "psycho" Joker very well, but it was a bit too far off key for my liking.

Jack Nicholson will always be ultimate JOKER in my eyes.

Dramatically shifting grears...I did find Heath Ledger's appearance as JOKER very interesting. Specifically his make up and hair style. It closely resembled BRANDON LEE as the CROW. Both being each actors final performances before their untimely death (or was it timely)...both being the roles that turned them into MEGA SUPERSTARS. I pay close attention to this type of stuff...i guess you could call my a philosophical...a hippie...whatever. What I have found is there is no such thing as conicidence...i know most simple minded people will read this and say, "Dude, you're looking too far into it!" unfortunately it couldn't be further from the truth.

heath-ledger-joker-dark-knight-returns.jpg
Brandon-Lee---The-Crow-Photograph-C10104025.jpeg

examine the pics closely ... It's ironic seeing the similarities in their makeup. White face paint, dark circles around their eyes, an "slice-looking" marks branching out from their lips. Thie makeup scheme is the CLASSIC fundamental makeup that can be found in the earliest of films (i'm talking Lumière brothers... early films). These two superstars were in the primes of their career, yet their live were cut terribly short. Some say it's awful, to be honest I think it's a BEAUTIFUL DEATH. They will forever be remebered playing these powerful - larger than life roles -bearing a remarkable resemblance to one another.

I know this couldn't have been more off topic but i've been wanting to share my viewpoint on this subject for a while and now was the perfect time.

I'm interested to hear the members feedback on my post.

The answer is Heath Ledger did VERY LITTLE laughing in the film. I tried to keep count and he laughed a total of about 6 times...if my memory serves me correctly. This was one of my biggest problems with the film. I'm all for seeing new dimensions of a character as the franchise develops, but i am still not fond of what Heath Ledger did for the Joker as a character. Was it a performance of a lifetime? HELL YES....there is no denying that. he literally changed the face of the Joker with ONE performance...that's saying a lot. He played the "psycho" Joker very well, but it was a bit too far off key for my liking.

Jack Nicholson will always be ultimate JOKER in my eyes.

Dramatically shifting grears...I did find Heath Ledger's appearance as JOKER very interesting. Specifically his make up and hair style. It closely resembled BRANDON LEE as the CROW. Both being each actors final performances before their untimely death (or was it timely)...both being the roles that turned them into MEGA SUPERSTARS. I pay close attention to this type of stuff...i guess you could call my a philosophical...a hippie...whatever. What I have found is there is no such thing as conicidence...i know most simple minded people will read this and say, "Dude, you're looking too far into it!" unfortunately it couldn't be further from the truth.

heath-ledger-joker-dark-knight-returns.jpg
Brandon-Lee---The-Crow-Photograph-C10104025.jpeg

examine the pics closely ... It's ironic seeing the similarities in their makeup. White face paint, dark circles around their eyes, an "slice-looking" marks branching out from their lips. Thie makeup scheme is the CLASSIC fundamental makeup that can be found in the earliest of films (i'm talking Lumière brothers... early films). These two superstars were in the primes of their career, yet their live were cut terribly short. Some say it's awful, to be honest I think it's a BEAUTIFUL DEATH. They will forever be remebered playing these powerful - larger than life roles -bearing a remarkable resemblance to one another.

I know this couldn't have been more off topic but i've been wanting to share my viewpoint on this subject for a while and now was the perfect time.

I'm interested to hear the members feedback on my post.

some of this post is pretty good and truthful, but some I just flat out don't agree with. Such as Jack being better than Heath. To me, Jack was just a fat middle aged man with bad make up on. He was just Jack. But Heath became somebody else entirely.

Also, I'm pretty sure he laughs alot more than 6 times in the film....

some of this post is pretty good and truthful, but some I just flat out don't agree with. Such as Jack being better than Heath. To me, Jack was just a fat middle aged man with bad make up on. He was just Jack. But Heath became somebody else entirely.

Also, I'm pretty sure he laughs alot more than 6 times in the film....

thanks for reading.

i'm sure i will catch a ton of poop for saying Jack was better...no biggie.

but do yourself a favor and count how many time Heath Ledger laughs and tell me what you came up with...still a breathtaking performance.

thanks for reading.

i'm sure i will catch a ton of poop for saying Jack was better...no biggie.

but do yourself a favor and count how many time Heath Ledger laughs and tell me what you came up with...still a breathtaking performance.

I've watched the Dark Knight quite a few times, he laughs alot more than 6.

Laugh, or rather, SMILE? He smiles, and shows big teeth fairly often. Eg, 'soon, gamble here won't be able to get a nickel for his grandma', that's a massive teeth showing open mouth moment, that isn't exactly a flat out laugh. I would to like to see more open mouth pieces.

Laugh, or rather, SMILE? He smiles, and shows big teeth fairly often. Eg, 'soon, gamble here won't be able to get a nickel for his grandma', that's a massive teeth showing open mouth moment, that isn't exactly a flat out laugh. I would to like to see more open mouth pieces.

Laugh. There are other scenes.

I've watched the Dark Knight quite a few times, he laughs alot more than 6.

all i'm saying is if you go through the film and tally everytime Heath Ledger flat out laughs...you will be suprised how little he laughs in the film...when compared to Jack's Joker

I think it's easy to draw comparisons between Heath and Brandon but i think you may be looking too deep into it. The makeup is coincidental and seems almost like your digging for some comparisons suck as the lips, the scarring on joker and the sharp dark tone of the crow bare little resemblence in my opinion.
Jack played a good Jack with clown makeup, it was a good performance no doubt, but heath took a well known role dominated by jacks performance and turned it inside out delivering his vision of the clown prince, both a great in their own way.
these are just my opinons though, each to their own!

I always felt the Heath's Joker makeup owed more to Robert Smith than Brandon Lee
17041353-17041356-large.jpg

I have to say I'm on the Heath side of the fence for favourite live action Joker. I just felt that it was Jack Nicholson in Clown makeup.
He put on a great show but it was Jack Nicholson as the Joker.

Heath just seemed to completely dissapear inside the character, was no trace of the actor from Knights Tale or 10 Things I Hate About You.

Back