Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to get mine!

That foot not sitting all the way doesn't bother you though?

I contacted SS to see what they say about it. The front foot sits flush all the way down, but the right rear pin foot does not go down to sit flush. So there is nothing impeding that rear peg foot from going all the way down.

Bat and Superman cape weight similar right. How come bat seems to have no issue with the lean?

Bat and Superman cape weight similar right. How come bat seems to have no issue with the lean?

I was told by our distributor that some Batman units would actually have the same leaning problems as some Superman units if it weren't for a part (a tip of the scalloping) of the cape resting safely on top of the base. Prior to this discussion with the store I noticed on my Modern Age Batman that the small clearance between that part of the cape and the base had become smaller overtime, so I thought they were correct.

Again that gap between the cape and the base was very small to begin with, that should the tip completely touch the base due to the weight, a warping of some sort on the figure's body would be insignificant that it can be very difficult to notice.

Bats leaned because of pad placement issues. The factory simply put the pads on the bottom of the base incorrectly. This was rectified with batches that were released later. I have a Bats PF with that lean. I simply put one small felt pad on the bottom of the base and never had a leaning problem again. It was an easy fix.

Supes leaning issues seem to be with the pads themselves. They are softer pads that flattened over time due to the weight of Supe's cape. Once the pad flattened, the statue started to lean. I personally don't have that issue. I've had the EX displayed since I received it (first batch), and it's as straight as the first day I got it.

I notice my new one also not going in all the way with the right foot. Left is fine and flush. But I am happy this new one is standing straight and not leaning like my first one.
I contacted SS to see what they say about it. The front foot sits flush all the way down, but the right rear pin foot does not go down to sit flush. So there is nothing impeding that rear peg foot from going all the way down.

My current PF. Green Lantern coming in May.

17309723_10154553819687861_5356626060065739665_n.jpg

My current PF. Green Lantern coming in May.

View attachment 331315

Very cool to have them all on display. I got my Aquaman coming this Friday and WW comes in July. My Supes is standing very straight too and not leaning so that's good. Can you take a Pic of your Supes right rear pin foot, cause I'd like to see the clearance. Thanks.

Very cool to have them all on display. I got my Aquaman coming this Friday and WW comes in July. My Supes is standing very straight too and not leaning so that's good. Can you take a Pic of your Supes right rear pin foot, cause I'd like to see the clearance. Thanks.

Right foot.
IMG_8267.jpg

Left foot.
IMG_2759.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8267.jpg
    IMG_8267.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 322
That's a little better than mine. Mine is a little more elevated. I got a feeling SS is gonna say both of ours have an acceptable clearance and so only a credit is warranted.

Attachments

• 20170316_131958.jpg
    20170316_131958.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 322
Hi this is Jaxon

I'm planning on making custom cape for this statue.

Project will start at least 10 people,price is around 70usd

Here's my Hottoys custom cape

c4a7a2aeb2eb102c7d260843933ebc29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last flex pay for this is getting charged Monday, stoked to finally see this in person.

Back