Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be skeptical cause the only statues I ever had was the Seinfeld Superman and the DC Wonder Woman produced more than 25 years ago, but now that I see mixed media I have an appreciation for fabric applied to polystone to give it more realism. Anybody who doesn't own a mixed media statue, go to your LCS and view it and if you're still convinced it looks great, then that's just your preference. You just can't teach an old stubborn horse new tricks.

My Supes has arrived and I am very impressed with it to finally hold it in my hands and examine the craftsmanship. The only issue I have with mine which is a very common issue with SS statues is that the right leg peg foot is not sitting flush like the left front foot. It's no problem for me though cause I will get a round foam pad under that foot to relieve some of that pressure that's soley on the left foot. But I will still contact SS to get a credit for the problem. Overall, this is 1 bad-a$$ Supes and very happy with it.

Attachments

• 20170315_143001.jpg
    20170315_143001.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 20170315_143202.jpg
    20170315_143202.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 20170315_143228.jpg
    20170315_143228.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 20170315_143710.jpg
    20170315_143710.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 20170315_143916.jpg
    20170315_143916.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 169
Yeah, it is very red. Also, I noticed this cape is not heavy as I expected it to be. Can anybody confirm if the original issue was a heavier cape? I like mine cause it's easier to handle and you slowly and precisely place it in the peg.

Original cape is pretty heavy. I remember seeing 6lbs thrown around, but I don't think it felt quite that heavy.

Wow, 6lbs. Batman cape was super heavy already. SS probably noticed the problem w the heavier cape and reenginered it. I do like the darker red. Just the underwear is eyesore IMO haha

Congrats, Armymedic1980. Really love the new paint app on the face. I already find the earlier batches impressive, but the latest batch IMO just has more life with that skin tone. Either version is good to have though -- I think this is one of SSC's strongest super-hero release ever and definitely a must-have for Superman/DC fans.

Congrats, Armymedic1980. Really love the new paint app on the face. I already find the earlier batches impressive, but the latest batch IMO just has more life with that skin tone. Either version is good to have though -- I think this is one of SSC's strongest super-hero release ever and definitely a must-have for Superman/DC fans.

Thanks. I really do like this Supes, cause it was just done so well from the head, to the great-fitting outfit and to the incredible base. SS gets a 10 from me for giving the collector this phenomenal statue.

The original cape is HEAVY. I only used it for 2 months, not I have a cloth cape which I like because when Supes in center of my JL display the cape isn't flowing to the right (his left) and I don't have to worry about any lean over time. Making the cape lighter was a good call. Cant go wrong either way you display it TBH he looks fantastic.

My take on the comments pajamas, I think its fine to think that way I mean I think sabertooth and wolverine look ridiculous but I also think a lot of full sculpted statues look like they have on body paint and not a suit which also looks ridiculous.

Congrats on picking up the Supes PF Armymedic! This truly is one of SSC's very best PFs. Your pics look great, thanks for sharing.

My Supes has arrived and I am very impressed with it to finally hold it in my hands and examine the craftsmanship. The only issue I have with mine which is a very common issue with SS statues is that the right leg peg foot is not sitting flush like the left front foot. It's no problem for me though cause I will get a round foam pad under that foot to relieve some of that pressure that's soley on the left foot. But I will still contact SS to get a credit for the problem. Overall, this is 1 bad-a$$ Supes and very happy with it.

Can't wait to get mine!

That foot not sitting all the way doesn't bother you though?

Back