Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EX incoming this Thursday! Question - website says it's 25.5" tall. Is it really? Can someone take an actual measurement. I have a spot but it's gonna be TIGHT at 25.5". Thanks!

Congrats! You made the right call going with the EX. Especially if you got it at a reasonable price. The COH on this PF looks great. Yes, he's about 25.5" tall. The website has his height listed correctly. Lastly, be VERY careful while putting on his cape. If his cape rubs against his neck while you are putting it on, it can leave red streaks on his neck. Also, there is only one peg on his cape that attaches to his shoulder. Be careful when you are putting the peg into his shoulder. You don't want to break the peg off or bend it so take your time. Once you get through putting him together, I'm sure you'll love the way this PF looks. IMO, you'll be an owner of the BEST Superman statue ever made.

Congrats! You made the right call going with the EX. Especially if you got it at a reasonable price. The COH on this PF looks great. Yes, he's about 25.5" tall. The website has his height listed correctly. Lastly, be VERY careful while putting on his cape. If his cape rubs against his neck while you are putting it on, it can leave red streaks on his neck. Also, there is only one peg on his cape that attaches to his shoulder. Be careful when you are putting the peg into his shoulder. You don't want to break the peg off or bend it so take your time. Once you get through putting him together, I'm sure you'll love the way this PF looks. IMO, you'll be an owner of the BEST Superman statue ever made.

Thanks. I think I got him at a very fair price. Little nervous as this will be my first Premium Format statue. Have a couple smaller Gentle Giant statues, but nothing of this size. Not sure I will even be able to find a place for him.....I keep looking at my shelves in the living room and not sure I can make it work. Once my 2 year old moves out of his current room I will have almost unlimited space as the room basically becomes mine.

Thanks. I think I got him at a very fair price. Little nervous as this will be my first Premium Format statue. Have a couple smaller Gentle Giant statues, but nothing of this size. Not sure I will even be able to find a place for him.....I keep looking at my shelves in the living room and not sure I can make it work. Once my 2 year old moves out of his current room I will have almost unlimited space as the room basically becomes mine.

Glad to hear you got him at a fair price. I also feel you when it comes to display space. I actually have my collection in a spare bedroom and space is still getting tight for me. :lol My next goal is to finish off my basement and have a dedicated area just for my collection. Then I'll have a real man cave to enjoy.

Which Spider Man statue is the in the upper left corner? Looks great!

Sideshow commiquette

IMO, the original Spider-Man comiquette is the best Spidey statue ever made. However, trying to pick one of those up nowadays is going to cost you. They are not cheap.

I remember that was my first "expensive" statue...I think it was ~$299 at the time....and thinking I must be nuts for spending that kind of cash.

I've seen the face of evil, and it's in a 1/4 scale format... :slap :cuckoo: :lol

I remember that was my first "expensive" statue...I think it was ~$299 at the time....and thinking I must be nuts for spending that kind of cash.

I've seen the face of evil, and it's in a 1/4 scale format... :slap :cuckoo: :lol

The original COM retailed at $350. That's nothing compared to what we are paying today for a standard 1/4 statue. The Black Canary PF is retailing at $450. Peeps starting to collect now are really feeling the burn when it comes to pricing. Back then though, $350 was nothing to sneeze at.

Just moved into my new place and unfortunately I didn't have as much display space as I thought I would with my new cabinets, I'm having to sell off about 3/4 of my collection I've been storing... I could show most of them but then I would have to squeeze them in on all the shelves which only makes them looked cluttered. So I've been narrowing down what I really want to showcase. The plus side is my spending on collectibles is going to be reduced big time..... And with prices skyrocketing it's probably a good thing..... I'll have to get my fix by collecting Iron Studios 1:10 scale statues :)

I seen in some of the pics on the website there can be a couple little waves in the fabric where the left leg goes into the shorts. Its clearly normal; howoever, I have also seen pics where there are not these little waves. From the pics my seller sent me mine will have the waves. Not end of world, but any way to smooth them out by adjusting the fabric gently??

Just moved into my new place and unfortunately I didn't have as much display space as I thought I would with my new cabinets, I'm having to sell off about 3/4 of my collection I've been storing... I could show most of them but then I would have to squeeze them in on all the shelves which only makes them looked cluttered. So I've been narrowing down what I really want to showcase. The plus side is my spending on collectibles is going to be reduced big time..... And with prices skyrocketing it's probably a good thing..... I'll have to get my fix by collecting Iron Studios 1:10 scale statues :)

Sell them all and start up the eaglemoss figures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seen in some of the pics on the website there can be a couple little waves in the fabric where the left leg goes into the shorts. Its clearly normal; howoever, I have also seen pics where there are not these little waves. From the pics my seller sent me mine will have the waves. Not end of world, but any way to smooth them out by adjusting the fabric gently??

It's fabric so you can definitely futz with it and try to smooth it out. I don't have any waves that I can see on either of my EXs.

^^^ Yep, he certainly does.
I couldn't resist...the eye is still drawn right to Superman. Awesome piece.
View attachment 275474

I have a lead on a spiderman. I understand it is 1/5 scale. All other statues are 1/4. Looks ok in your picture, but in person is always different. Peter Parker is a pretty small dude...would you (or anyone) really be able to tell the scale of the spiderman is off compared to your other three premium figures he is next to? Thanks!

I think Karnis' Spidey is the older comiquette which is slightly larger than 1:4 I believe. The JSC Spidey is 1:5. I think you'd be better off with the new Spidey PF once the new batches come in since the older comiquette is quite expensive. Unless that's the Spidey that you're after.

Back to Supes, the only folds that I couldn't futz away are the ones near the armpit . But I'd hardly even call that a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which new SP PF are you referring to? The one with the pumpkin bombs? Not really into that one.....Oh and didn't realize the one in pic above was 1/4. I thought they were just a repaint and all were 1/5. Thanks for clarifying!!!!

I have a lead on a spiderman. I understand it is 1/5 scale. All other statues are 1/4. Looks ok in your picture, but in person is always different. Peter Parker is a pretty small dude...would you (or anyone) really be able to tell the scale of the spiderman is off compared to your other three premium figures he is next to? Thanks!

No, there are 3 Spidey COMs. The first is the one you noticed in the pic. It's the original Spidey COM and it's HUGE. A little bigger than 1/4 scale. It doesn't bother me personally. I think it adds to the overall presence of the piece. The second COM is the JSC COM. That COM is 1/5 scale and is smaller than most PFs. There's also a variant of the JSC COM with a darker blue/black color scheme. I think bicoid is right. If you are looking for a true 1/4 Spidey statue, your best bet is the new PF that SSC just released. It's a dynamic pose and a good looking statue you can add to your collection. It'll sure save you a good deal of money. You'll be hard pressed to find the original COM for under a $1000 in the aftermarket. That said, it's still my favorite 1/4 Spidey.

Back