Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No angry/red eyes Supes for me. I'll take the reg over the ex. Reg captures Superman perfectly, angry/red eyes isn't Superman, it's the exception to the rule. The reg is the rule!

So spook is super mans day? I wonder? Can't miss this one otherwise I quit collecting. No superman PF ex, then no DC collection.

MUCH better signature than your last one!
the funniest thing ive seen all week!
no matter how many times i look at it it cracks me to tears!!! :lol:lol
awesome!!!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
where did u find it?

Laude7 posted it on another thread, or was it this one? No matter, it's f*ing hilarious! Lol

The Two can't be compared. Lee only drew 12 issues of one of the worst Superman Stories I've ever read, Designed The Character Look of one Video Game that has Superman in it and Designed the new 52 costumes. Everything else he's done for Superman has been Pin-ups and Covers.

John Byrne Drew and Wrote the Superman Mini Series that revamped the character For Decades, Wrote and Drew on Two monthly Superman titles, Did Subsequent Mini's and redefined Superboy,

What's next? Comparing Lee to Frank Miller's work on Batman?:slap

Nailed it.

We gotta remember that most collectors (SADLY) do not or have not even read the comics of the statues they buy. Really different landscape than maybe 3 years ago.

Jim Lee is like any mainstream star we have today, he sells well, he's very popular to the masses who don't really look far enough into his stuff to see his weaknesses and he goes over well with the "kids".
But at the end of the day he has never been responsible for a truly definitive representation of any character.
His awful redesigns for the new 52 show Lee show him for he is, a good 90s style draftsman who has no real creative verve.
Don't get me wrong I like Jim's work for what it is, he was the most talented of the 90s Image superstar artists (although I'd argue that when Silvestri was doing Wolverine he was even better at that 90s style and brought more edge to it than Lee could).
But regardless, as others have said to be talking about Lee in a Superman PF thread ahead of the likes of John Byrne is just silly.

And to any who say that old comics, in both writing and art, can only compare to Todays output if we look at them with nostalgia...what are the benchmarks in mainstream superhero comics. TDKR, Watchmen, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Year One, Man of Steel, Daredevil Born Again, they're all at least 20 years old, hell even Jim Lee's best stuff was decades ago.

Agreed. Jim Lee is a great artist technically. But he's all style and little substance. His work in Justice League has been an abomination. Also, he's a crap designer.

Jim Lee is like any mainstream star we have today, he sells well, he's very popular to the masses who don't really look far enough into his stuff to see his weaknesses and he goes over well with the "kids".
But at the end of the day he has never been responsible for a truly definitive representation of any character.
His awful redesigns for the new 52 show Lee show him for he is, a good 90s style draftsman who has no real creative verve.
Don't get me wrong I like Jim's work for what it is, he was the most talented of the 90s Image superstar artists (although I'd argue that when Silvestri was doing Wolverine he was even better at that 90s style and brought more edge to it than Lee could).
But regardless, as others have said to be talking about Lee in a Superman PF thread ahead of the likes of John Byrne is just silly.

And to any who say that old comics, in both writing and art, can only compare to Todays output if we look at them with nostalgia...what are the benchmarks in mainstream superhero comics. TDKR, Watchmen, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Year One, Man of Steel, Daredevil Born Again, they're all at least 20 years old, hell even Jim Lee's best stuff was decades ago.
Alot of people forget that, Claremont X-men anyone? :goodpost:

Agreed. Jim Lee is a great artist technically. But he's all style and little substance. His work in Justice League has been an abomination. Also, he's a crap designer.

That is y'all opinion, just that. He's crap to you. :wink1:

Back