Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besta with those new awesome doors that replaced the tombo. I forget their name but they have a nice frame around them that's part of the glass. Very sleek imo.
Thanks. Unfortunately I have to pay a premium for any Ikea stuff, so instead I need to find something on Craigs List, or at a local furniture store. And I don't have a big truck to lug things around with, which creates an additional problem. I just wish I had more free time to look for these kinds of things nowadays. In the meantime, here's a quick shot I took this morning of my two DC guys.

2014-08-06_06-33-59_172_zps2gvszwti.jpg

Besta with those new awesome doors that replaced the tombo. I forget their name but they have a nice frame around them that's part of the glass. Very sleek imo.

Yeah I'd like to know the name as well. Are they Vassbo? Are there others instead of Vassbo I hope

Does anyone know if the hands come off? I ask because the hands on mine are my only nitpick so I wonder if just the hands can be replaced. I gave red marks and scuffing on the hands.

Does anyone know if the hands come off? I ask because the hands on mine are my only nitpick so I wonder if just the hands can be replaced. I gave red marks and scuffing on the hands.
They don't. The cape and heads comes off and the base is detachable

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

i have daniel campisi on speed dial. i know all too well their position on these sort of things, not to mention someone with a problem with a superman PF was already told they would not be able to help him with a replacement.

I think the problem is going to Daniel Campisi, as he is the worst one of the CS when it comes to replacements.
I have to say I have been buying Tons of Sideshow figures and statues direct since they first revealed the SW 1/6 Jedi Luke. From then util about late last year, Ive only had to contact CS once for replacement. From Late last year to now I have to contact them 6 times for replacements, and whenever Daniel takes the case, his response is most always "Sorry but that is the nature of collectibles, take it or return for full refund" as far as the other CS have worked to replace the faulty parts instead.

So I finally got the exclusive today. Wow! I think this may be one of Sideshow's best PFs. Everything is executed to perfection, and it is marvelous.

After all of the waiting and delays my enthusiasm for it was dwindling, but after opening it and putting it together, it was worth the wait! Beautiful!

Regarding the exclusive, I was personally a bit let down by the plastic red eyeballs. I know, they never said they would be included to start with, but they felt a bit cheap and didn't seem to fit as well into the eyes as they should have. No biggie though, as the standard head is just fine for me.

Congrats kara! They look great together! WW next?
Thanks. I would love to have WW, but I'm not a huge statue collector. Considering Supes is now a companion piece, I might get rid of Joker. And I've only got the most essential Marvel guys (Spidey, Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Thor, Wolverine), but would actually like to offload Thor and maybe Iron Man to keep the true essentials. Wonder Woman is close, but to justify the cost and space I'm not sure she is all the way there.

I think the problem is going to Daniel Campisi, as he is the worst one of the CS when it comes to replacements.
I have to say I have been buying Tons of Sideshow figures and statues direct since they first revealed the SW 1/6 Jedi Luke. From then util about late last year, Ive only had to contact CS once for replacement. From Late last year to now I have to contact them 6 times for replacements, and whenever Daniel takes the case, his response is most always "Sorry but that is the nature of collectibles, take it or return for full refund" as far as the other CS have worked to replace the faulty parts instead.
Yeah, and I always seem to get that guy. Fortunately, my Supes seems to be a keeper.

Regarding the exclusive, I was personally a bit let down by the plastic red eyeballs. I know, they never said they would be included to start with, but they felt a bit cheap and didn't seem to fit as well into the eyes as they should have. No biggie though, as the standard head is just fine for me.

Thanks. I would love to have WW, but I'm not a huge statue collector. Considering Supes is now a companion piece, I might get rid of Joker. And I've only got the most essential Marvel guys (Spidey, Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Thor, Wolverine), but would actually like to offload Thor and maybe Iron Man to keep the true essentials. Wonder Woman is close, but to justify the cost and space I'm not sure she is all the way there.

Yeah, and I always seem to get that guy. Fortunately, my Supes seems to be a keeper.
I get him a lot too. He told me once that they have 4 CS ppl and I laughed cause I thought it was only him lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

One of the best I got from him was a stain on my HT Luke Skywalker's pants. I was told that they were "handmade" (which is BS) and that each had subtle differences because of that, I guess including stains :lol , and as a result I couldn't get a replacement. I was also thrilled by the suggestion that I should cover my Terminator figure with baby powder to avoid the jacket sticking to his body.

My LCS just got mine in today and they have to check it in and make sure there are no problems with it. Barring any surprises I should have it in my hands tomorrow. BTW it's a regular.

My LCS just got mine in today and they have to check it in and make sure there are no problems with it. Barring any surprises I should have it in my hands tomorrow. BTW it's a regular.

Whaaat?! I thought the regular editions were rolling out next month after all the EXs have been sent out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wrap a statues hands before assembling if there is risk of collision. Bounty towels and some tape works great (for example, Bride and Frank on duo base, Frank always come dangerously close to hitting the Bride's face when assembling. Use paper towel to cover his hand and problem solved. Re: Supes. Cover his neck and hands and problem solved.

I always wrap a statues hands before assembling if there is risk of collision. Bounty towels and some tape works great (for example, Bride and Frank on duo base, Frank always come dangerously close to hitting the Bride's face when assembling. Use paper towel to cover his hand and problem solved. Re: Supes. Cover his neck and hands and problem solved.

Actually the red marks on the hands were there when I unboxed it so they came from the warehouse. The marks on the neck were all me. ;)

Whaaat?! I thought the regular editions were rolling out next month after all the EXs have been sent out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My LCS never gets EXs because he doesn't get a price break on them. I just called & I'm going to pick it up ~ 6pm.

The wife has to go out for awhile so it will be easier to sneak it in undetected. That way when she finally notices it I can give my usual response..."That?! I've had that for at least 2 months now. You need to pay more attention!" :D

My LCS never gets EXs because he doesn't get a price break on them. I just called & I'm going to pick it up ~ 6pm.

The wife has to go out for awhile so it will be easier to sneak it in undetected. That way when she finally notices it I can give my usual response..."That?! I've had that for at least 2 months now. You need to pay more attention!" :D

Congrats and I hope you get a perfect one. Hope all goes well with the wife. Though I would be kinda funny if she walked in while you were carefully putting on the cape. I can't imagine a more stressful situation to be in. :lol

Congrats and I hope you get a perfect one. Hope all goes well with the wife. Though I would be kinda funny if she walked in while you were carefully putting on the cape. I can't imagine a more stressful situation to be in. :lol

"That?! I'm futzing the cape for the third time. I've had that for at least 2 months now. You need to pay more attention!" :pray::lol

I am one big statue collector, but only realized it lately. :D Cost, space, true essentials, fitting into the collection, etc., are some real issues that actually need to be addressed. I have finally come to terms with the fact that I cannot have everything. :) Gone are the days of impulse buying (of Hot Toys), now I am focusing only on Gothamverse. That too what I can afford and really, really like. Heck, I love the way Red Sonja and Black Widow look, but cannot justify buying them, just because they look pretty! With Green Ivy on PO, looking forward to the rest of the rouges SS will offer.

Back