Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably going to catch hell for this but...I think the over spray adds to the red eye effect and taking it off makes it look weird.

I agree but it does need to be toned down some, SS went with a heavy red around the eyes, it should be a lot lighter so it doesn't look like his eyes are swelling up from an allergy attack :) Especially since the red around his eyes are just a reflection of the heat beams, his actual skin doesn't turn red.

What would of been really cool is if they went with an angry face for the EX

heat-vision.jpg

Damn - cannot wait for my EX to get here! Now they really need to make a darkseid of this same caliber so that I can get it and never have to buy another DC related statue! My DC collection will be sups and darkseid lurking menacingly behind him!

Damn - cannot wait for my EX to get here! Now they really need to make a darkseid of this same caliber so that I can get it and never have to buy another DC related statue! My DC collection will be sups and darkseid lurking menacingly behind him!

Is Darkseid going to have spaghetti Omega Beam eyes?

Darkseid omega beams would be awesome if they zigzagged around his body or something like how they draw them in the comics. Definitely a day one PO for me if they make him.

The angry face with beam eyes would look insane. Why didn't SS think of that

I am amazed at how great he looks in pretty much every photo! Congrats guys! All your EX head pic's make me want to try him out that way, but I dont think I want to mess with the cape any more than necessary.

I'm probably going to catch hell for this but...I think the over spray adds to the red eye effect and taking it off makes it look weird.

While I agree that the red eyes look better that way, I'm not so sure the spaghetti eyes would.

I agree with csi. The red over spray on the eyes look KILLER with the heat trails. Not so much with the plain red eyes. When I popped the plain red eyes in, the whole EX face portrait looked off to me. It just didn't work for me personally. For peeps that hate the heat trails then getting rid of the over spray makes sense. Anyone that wants to display the heat trails should probably leave the red over spray as is. IMO, it looks fantastic. Unfortunately, this looks like an either or scenario. You won't be able to have it both ways when it comes to the red over spray. Peeps are going to have to just pick one and roll with it.

I've been watching every JLA movie lately to get myself pumped to display this beside Bats! I'm so excited! 2nd-100th batch elite!

So you going with the regular head I assume?
Love the reg...it looks fantastic...imho, one of the best head sculpts ever from Sideshow
I will display the ex with heat vision (after i get it repainted)...the spagetti will never see the light of day

Sideshow is making me want to use flex pay so I don't have to endure this treacherous wait again. I was in the first batch for Batman and I payed in full, so what the hell? At least I'm getting Harley shipped out on Thursday.:yess:

Back