Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a feeling this one will be on time.

What makes you thnk that Ish??? Do you think they will try to get hi. Out on time because of the extended delay between the preview at SDCC12 and the PO... Or because they don't want a Batman sized delay?? Because I could possibly see you being right.... Right now this line is ICE COLD... and a year ago it was BOILING HOT. In my opinion they need these NEXT TWO, Supes and Bats, to be home runs.

I had a feeling this might be coming on time but Ish just jinxed it :(

201948-18005-115107-1-action-comics.jpg

We need homeruns here for sure

What makes you thnk that Ish??? Do you think they will try to get hi. Out on time because of the extended delay between the preview at SDCC12 and the PO... Or because they don't want a Batman sized delay?? Because I could possibly see you being right.... Right now this line is ICE COLD... and a year ago it was BOILING HOT. In my opinion they need these NEXT TWO, Supes and Bats, to be home runs.

Batman and Supes are defintiely going the factories busy. 9500 units for Batmand and 7500 for Supes. I'm surprised about delays on these two. Wonder woman probably won't bring in those kind of numbers, but I suspect that the DC slow down is related to getting these two heavy hitters out the door. I'd like to see some smaller runs of less popular but still desireable characters like Huntress which would be great fully sculpted. Sideshow also seems to have greater delays with mixed media PFs. I womder if there is a bottle neck with the factory that produces the fabric parts.

Last edited:
Batman and Supes are defintiely going the factories busy. 9500 units for Batmand and 7500 for Supes. I'm surprised about delays on these two. Wonder woman probably won't bring in those kind of numbers, but I suspect that the DC slow down is related to getting these two heavy hitters out the door. I'd like to see some smaller runs of less popular but still desireable characters like Huntress which would be great fully sculpted. Sideshow also seems to have greater delays with mixed media PFs. I womder if there is a bottle neck with the factory that produces the fabric parts.

I dont think there is any way Superman hits in January. Just a ton of statues to make/ship. I kind of question whether or not it would even be smart to do so with the annual Chinese New Year shutdown looming, some people would likely get them with everyone else waiting weeks longer. Heck, they cant get the small ES stuff out on time. Bats will have them plenty busy, maybe Punisher arrives on schedule with his 350 EX in January.

I am actually thinking of contacting them to remove him from my Flex. Just have no confidence that he will be in hand anytime soon.

I dont think there is any way Superman hits in January. Just a ton of statues to make/ship. I kind of question whether or not it would even be smart to do so with the annual Chinese New Year shutdown looming, some people would likely get them with everyone else waiting weeks longer. Heck, they cant get the small ES stuff out on time. Bats will have them plenty busy, maybe Punisher arrives on schedule with his 350 EX in January.

I am actually thinking of contacting them to remove him from my Flex. Just have no confidence that he will be in hand anytime soon.

Well I know the numbers on Bats and Superman are HUGE, but I will say that, while it took a FULL YEAR after Batman went up for PO for us to see an ACTUAL PRODUCTION PIECE.. We got to see a Superman PRODUCTION PIECE 3.5 months after the PO. Maybe they hit the ground running with him because they knew that if they didn't this line would turn GLACIAL. Since I joined here a year ago only 2 PFs and 2 busts have shipped ... With and additional 2 PFs and 1 Bust going up for PO, and only 1 NEW TEASE at SDCC. So since the line was launched in 2011... ONLY 5 products have ACTUALLY COME OUT.... With ONLY ANOTHER 4 UP for PO. So 9 products in 2 years:slap...Marvel previewed that many in the month of JULY ALONE!! I know DC is having massive number runs on their statues, but they are going to kill their own buzz if they don't get more out there soon.

Well I know the numbers on Bats and Superman are HUGE, but I will say that, while it took a FULL YEAR after Batman went up for PO for us to see an ACTUAL PRODUCTION PIECE.. We got to see a Superman PRODUCTION PIECE 3.5 months after the PO. Maybe they hit the ground running with him because they knew that if they didn't this line would turn GLACIAL. Since I joined here a year ago only 2 PFs and 2 busts have shipped ... With and additional 2 PFs and 1 Bust going up for PO, and only 1 NEW TEASE at SDCC. So since the line was launched in 2011... ONLY 5 products have ACTUALLY COME OUT.... With ONLY ANOTHER 4 UP for PO. So 9 products in 2 years:slap...Marvel previewed that many in the month of JULY ALONE!! I know DC is having massive number runs on their statues, but they are going to kill their own buzz if they don't get more out there soon.

If you actually think about the number of Marvel Products they've put out and the number of years the Marvel license has been around it isn't exactly like they push out a ton of products per year. Actually it's only one new Statue/bust related item at SDCC, they're also trying to get the 1/6th figure line out.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about this line going cold, it's not exactly like we're all going to go away. I've waited years for Sideshow to get DC comics properties, I can wait a few more months to receive ordered items and wait for more to roll off the sculptor's work bench.

If you actually think about the number of Marvel Products they've put out and the number of years the Marvel license has been around it isn't exactly like they push out a ton of products per year. Actually it's only one new Statue/bust related item at SDCC, they're also trying to get the 1/6th figure line out.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about this line going cold, it's not exactly like we're all going to go away. I've waited years for Sideshow to get DC comics properties, I can wait a few more months to receive ordered items and wait for more to roll off the sculptor's work bench.

I don't think the line is going to disappear m8... I do think the enthusiasm is deminishing though

I don't think the line is going to disappear m8... I do think the enthusiasm is deminishing though

It's the Ebb and flow of Collecting my friend. I wasn't excited about Marvel for the last two years and then lo and behold this SDCC it came out storming. Same thing can be said for the Dead line, hell i thought they gave up on it and then BAM, it's back.

Things will go slow for periods, and then BAM, you won't know what hit you.

Maybe they should quit making so many Batman related characters and give us more variety from the DC Universe! That's the only complaint I have.

I have been saying that for awhile... If they keep going the way they are we will get Ace the BatHound before we get the rest of the JLA.

I'm also not bothered by waiting. It allows me to fit in other figs if anything.

Same here. We know Sinestro is coming & that SS are working on Wonder Womam & Shazam but with all the Marvel stuff coming I'm ok to wait.

I just hope there's no more Batman delays & that Superman doesn't have the same problem.

I have been saying that for awhile... If they keep going the way they are we will get Ace the BatHound before we get the rest of the JLA.

works for me. I love all comic heroes, but Batman is my favorite. I would be quite content if they focused on that line.

Honestly though, I don't know what your complaining about though, they released three new Spidey related characters this past month alone.

Back