Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to think this is a bigger win than Batman. But of course, I will grab all three big Ex pieces: Supe, Batman, WW. Hopefully, they won't make a million of these like they did of Joker. But alas... that's probably not gonna happen.

I'm starting to think this is a bigger win than Batman. But of course, I will grab all three big Ex pieces: Supe, Batman, WW. Hopefully, they won't make a million of these like they did of Joker. But alas... that's probably not gonna happen.

Probably not, the ES will be extremely high for both Superman and Batman PF. It may be the same $400 price point too.

Extremely underwhelming in person. It just looked cheap to me. The base looked like it took all of 7 minutes to make. Just a huge dissapointment.

Now... The Batman PF is absolutely incredible. It's massive and has great prescense.

Ivy PF is on point as well. Very, very well done.

Extremely underwhelming in person. It just looked cheap to me. The base looked like it took all of 7 minutes to make. Just a huge dissapointment.

Now... The Batman PF is absolutely incredible. It's massive and has great prescense.

to each his own, i loved the superman PF. the head looked great and the body was just right. cape was really nicely done too. the base could use some refinement but not a negative at all IMO.

I think why the piece works so much and possibly why I like it more than Batman is because Andy B really caught the spirit of Superman with this piece. From head to Toe that is Superman right there. Not that the Batman PF doesn't, but I feel this is bar none the ultimate representation of Supes so far. And the anatomy is spot on, probably the best statue Andy has put out since the Hulk. I only hope Darkseid can be done in a similar manner.

Man. I want to like this.. I really do. But I am just not fan of Alex Ross style. Supes looks to a bit to Old IMO. I want Christoper Reeves not George Reeves ;).

Oh well. Perhaps a better base would sell it for me. I really can't believe that base is the final product.

But as long as the Big Superman fans are Happy then:clap:clap .

I'm a big anti-pajamas look on these PFs but with bats and supes i have been very impressed. i think having the capes sculpted gives great balance and the muscles are definitely popping enough to give you that nice definition. little details like the pouches on batman look fantastic as well. and supes' hair curl is perfect!

What will change this is a BA COH. I hope that happens. We need a meaner Superman head to go along with this classic.:pray:

For me, Superman just has to be simple and subtle. That's all he needs to be. The base is fine to me. AT least, I get and like the consistency with the tall, but very small in diameter base, just like the Batman and Joker. Takes up less space.

So based on the bases I saw for Batman and Joker, this does fit for me. And it's obvious what the base represents.

3 a year? :lol

I ordered 3 this week :rotfl
Me too though I wasn't really looking forward to it.

Oh. My. God!
Yeah. Bad time to go for PFs, right? :wink1:

This PF has had me impressed every bit as Bats and they'll look great when displayed together. I would just say this though, that Supes needed a lil' more musculature overall. He doesn't really need it to prove that he is a superhuman but I'm a sucker for big, muscled sculpts and would have loved if his thighs were a wee bit beefier!
I hope there is a COH with an alternate heat vision portrait looking down so it doesn't break the pose. Can't see the seam for it though. Let's wait n watch.

Cheers,
Neo.

This has been my dream PF for years; along with Batman. While Batman appears to be a 10/10, this one is just a 9.5/10. As others who are criticizing have said, Alex Ross influencing the headsculpt makes Supes just a wee bit too old for my liking.

That said, 9.5 out of 10 is perfectly fine and this will be an hour 1 preorder for me :).

I don't see any lines on his neck area for a change of head?

Man. I want to like this.. I really do. But I am just not fan of Alex Ross style. Supes looks to a bit to Old IMO. I want Christoper Reeves not George Reeves ;).

Oh well. Perhaps a better base would sell it for me. I really can't believe that base is the final product.

But as long as the Big Superman fans are Happy then:clap:clap .

:goodpost::exactly: I feel the same way, but I need this statue for my dc collection either way.

I F'n love this piece, Alex Ross head looks awesome, though I can see why some people are upset. Hope there is a coh though. I'm up for multiple head sculpts. They allow you to change of your statue with a mere swap.

I F'n love this piece, Alex Ross head looks awesome, though I can see why some people are upset. Hope there is a coh though. I'm up for multiple head sculpts. They allow you to change of your statue with a mere swap.

:goodpost: I just think Alex Ross head is too old looking. I wanted a younger looking superman. So I hope a COH will make us all happy. :pray:

Back