Statue DC Comics and Bowen/Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without question SSC will run rings around DCD at every turn, hell if they wanted I bet they'd do better 6" action figures but it's the designs I'm worried about. I didn't wait all this time for SSC to get this license to get Superman in all blue with a high turtleneck and armor on his wrists and boots.

I would be all in for a couple of specific DC characters done right by Sideshow. Superman and Batman based on the artwork of Frank Quietly is a must-have for me! Since Sideshow likes to work on some weirder characters, Mr. Miracle, Frankenstein or Zatanna would be a must-buy too. If the rights extend to Vertigo characters, Sandman and Death are a must too!

I would love to see DC Direct finally stop putting out half-assed product and a manufacturer like Sideshow picking up the ball.

Without question SSC will run rings around DCD at every turn, hell if they wanted I bet they'd do better 6" action figures but it's the designs I'm worried about. I didn't wait all this time for SSC to get this license to get Superman in all blue with a high turtleneck and armor on his wrists and boots.

I am fine if Sideshow make statues for these costumes except Superman:

Batman, Flash and GL look pretty cool

254234_10150220940573485_11648563484_7288097_1930268_n.jpg

I am fine if Sideshow make statues for these costumes except Superman:

Batman, Flash and GL look pretty cool

254234_10150220940573485_11648563484_7288097_1930268_n.jpg

Wonder Woman looks atrocious as well. Classic costume or don't even bother. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Disappointing that she's lacking the stars as well. Wonder if she's going the same route as Superman and DC's distancing her from the good ol' US of A too. :monkey1

I don't know what to think about the state of DC Direct. They've started soliciting releases for early 2012. I assumed if they were shutting down it would be at the end of this year. But on the other hand, nothing they solicited in this most recent batch is a new product, only re-releases of older statues.

I doubt they'll shut down completely - they have some good money-making lines with the Women of DC statues and Batman B&W. But have we seen any new action figures solicited? No 13", no PF (sorry, Museum quality) pieces.

I doubt they'll shut down completely - they have some good money-making lines with the Women of DC statues and Batman B&W. But have we seen any new action figures solicited? No 13", no PF (sorry, Museum quality) pieces.

no new action figures for 2 months and no new 13'' for a year I think? And no new VS diorama for 1 year too? Looks like Warner Bros will let other companies taking a shot at their DC characters. :hi5:

Hey Davie, I can guess that Mattel will take over the action figures since they just got renewed their toy license with WB Consumer Products. I hope Sideshow will get a deal to make DC 1:4 scale PFs and maybe 13'' DC figures. I will for sure collect both 1:4 scale and 13''. Luckily that I don't have a lot of those 13" figures before DCD killed that line.

IF Sideshow announces the DC license at SDCC, do you guys think that we will see Sideshow making a Bane PF? I want a Bane statue so badly as well as other Batman villains.

28905_Bane_origin1_122_171lo.jpg

I'm not buying anything from the nolan movies. comic costumes or GTFO

Yeah of course, comic version is the only way to go. Bane is a bad ass character in comic, unlike the movie version from Batman and Robin.

Back