Statue DC Bombshell line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up Zatanna as well. Always loved the design (the backwards tattoo across her chest is brilliant, as is the aforementioned Constantine rabbit) and was lucky to get one with decently painted pupils. Seeing some photos with the wonky eyes turned me off to it for the longest time.

I'm hoping Katana sells out so DCC might be encouraged to do a red dress variant, like the original artwork. Right now I'm actually leaning toward the upcoming Designer Series action figure.

This might look like the box art, but it's actually the real statue in front of the box. This is my own pic, in hand.
Seriously, one of the best, perfect paintjob in this series, and such a lovely design.. :)

17807059_10153850503292609_1469805402_n_zpszhqwpsxp.jpg

Thank you for the photo, she looks amazing I am definitely going to get her to.

I've broken down and bought a couple of Bombshells. Joker & Harley and Killer Frost. Looking at maybe getting the Power Girl and Superman statue. It looks great.

I've broken down and bought a couple of Bombshells. Joker & Harley and Killer Frost. Looking at maybe getting the Power Girl and Superman statue. It looks great.

LOL. Just bought that PG & Supes one too. The couples statues are amazing feats of engineering. Unlike my positive experience with Zatanna, I think the QC did let down Joker & Harley, but I found no paint slop on PG & Supes. The height really takes it to another level.

I'm in the same boat. Definitely going to pick up Katanna and Jessie Quick, just have to figure out where to put them.

Surprised you don't like Zatanna. She is one of my favorites, I think it's just because of the Constantine rabbit, though.

I got her in a package deal with Batgirl and Batwoman 150 for all three. At that price figured why not. It's her face and the eyeliner under her eye that makes me not like her as much as the others. If Inhad the space and Katana didn't look so awesome I'd keep her. Really don't know what I'm going to do when Starfire comes out. Might have to put another shelf up or get rid of the Koto Avengers.

I'm hoping Katana sells out so DCC might be encouraged to do a red dress variant, like the original artwork. Right now I'm actually leaning toward the upcoming Designer Series action figure.

I think they changed the dress for Katana, because the red dress on the original artwork is more like Chinese traditional suit (you can see the example here: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ae/71/b0/ae71b07a3c99983d7a75c1588fecf927.jpg), rather than Japanese. It's very different.. So they changed it into a kimono, since Katana is, well, Japanese.

I think they changed the dress for Katana, because the red dress on the original artwork is more like Chinese traditional suit (you can see the example here: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ae/71/b0/ae71b07a3c99983d7a75c1588fecf927.jpg), rather than Japanese. It's very different.. So they changed it into a kimono, since Katana is, well, Japanese.

You're right. I was hoping my rationalization would keep some money in my pocket but I guess I have to buy this now.:lol

My Katana showed up this week, and I'm finally getting around to posting some pics... She's an absolute gem - as you can see she is executed flawlessly, and she edges out Black Canary as my favorite DCB piece. Here she is!

DCB Katana 1 sm.jpg

DCB Katana 2 sm.jpg

DCB Katana 3 sm.jpg

DCB Katana 4 sm.jpg

DCB Katana 5 sm.jpg

I grabbed the Katana piece of a steal this week and man, she's stunning. Beautiful paint job and sculpt. So far, I haven't seen one of these I don't love. Wonderful line of statues.

Raven arrived yesterday and she's perfect. As with the past few statues, her paintwork is great. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

I picked up Katana and she looks amazing.
She is one of the best they made so far, so much detail.
I made a few pictures, ok a lot.

IMG_20170423_122717.jpg

IMG_20170423_122436.jpg

IMG_20170423_122448.jpg

IMG_20170423_122502.jpg

IMG_20170423_122832.jpg

IMG_20170423_122956.jpg

IMG_20170423_123016.jpg

IMG_20170423_123036_01.jpg

IMG_20170423_123151.jpg

IMG_20170423_123449_01.jpg

Next one is Jesse Quick.

That is one fantastic statue. I just ordered her and Jesse Quick. Just have to figure out where I'm going to put them.

Back