Statue DC Bombshell line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strong sculpt for an obscure(?) character.

According to Tim Miller there is a lot of passion behind this one:

"This was actually a very special piece for the entire team to work on. Geoff Johns, DC's chief creative officer, created Stargirl in homage to his late sister, and we all wanted this to be a piece to honor her memory as well."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Whitmore

Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing that.

I love this one. It has such a great pose and movement.

According to Tim Miller there is a lot of passion behind this one:

"This was actually a very special piece for the entire team to work on. Geoff Johns, DC's chief creative officer, created Stargirl in homage to his late sister, and we all wanted this to be a piece to honor her memory as well."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Whitmore

Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing that.

I love this one. It has such a great pose and movement.

very cool, will pick this one up as I've already committed myself to the entire line regardless of the lineup. Really something special about these, and will replace my original Cover Girls very nicely.

Just had Harley in today i only had chance to open one and take a few quick phone pics for you.

20131217_165635_zps9698862e.jpg

Wow! :clap

Thanks for the pics ditch!

This is currently sat under my Christmas Tree taunting me...

Proper pics when I can get my hands on her on the 25th.
I did get a chance to check her out in store though before we picked her up & I can say she is stunning in the flesh the little details are amazing & the mini batman keychain on the end of the gun is just a great little touch.

I wasn't actually all that interested in the line before I saw Harley but now I fear I may be suckered in good & proper lol.
I had planned on Ivy & Supergirl only along with Harley but having seen the pics now for Canary & Powergirl that's all changed :slap

Neil

Had some time today while my daughter was asleep & the missus was watching Alice in Wonderland so managed to take a few snaps of the new arrival...

She looks awesome in person, absolutely cracking piece.
Little upset by the chip on her boot tbh so I'll see if I can get her exchanged but I doubt I will.

Looking forward to getting a few more of the series now :)

Neil

Just received Harley today and she looks gorgeous. Good paint application too, but I did notice mine is missing the diamond under her right eye. Maybe that will make her even more rare and worth more money someday. Any thoughts on that?

I love the bombshells but keep forgetting to order them. Looks like Harley's sold out most places now.

Paint looks a little sloppy on yours Neil :(

I would guess pictures show it off worse than it does in person though :dunno

Main thing is the sculpt is as great as the proto. Really looking forward to mine arriving :impatient: :lol

Yeah she is a little patchy in places like the playing card in her stocking but overall it's ok & I can live it.

It does become noticeable if you really scrutinize it but luckily most of the people who will see her on display won't notice ;) lol

All in though she is utterly awesome & you really won't be dissapointed when your one arrives

Neil

I did notice mine is missing the diamond under her right eye. Maybe that will make her even more rare and worth more money someday. Any thoughts on that?

I think if that were true people would just paint over the diamond to make theirs instantly rare and worth more money.

So no :lol

I think this line is great and the prototypes look amazing. The only one I had ordered is Harley but have to admit that I was disappointed in the production piece that I received. I think that my expectations were too high. Thankfully I bought that one locally and didn't even bother taking it home. The paint application was fine on mine it simply looked and felt cheap to me. My Superman/Wonder Woman kiss statue left me with a similar impression although I kept that one. Maybe I'm just too used to other branded products. If Batman/Catwoman comes out similarly, I'll be done with DC Direct completely. :(

A little disappointed to find this flaw on my poison ivy that i just got in

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think you just wanted an excuse to post that pic, Spandy.

My Poison Ivy came today, and thankfully she's flawless. These statues are great, but it sucks for as expensive as they are, the paint apps shouldn't be such a gamble.

I guess the picture doesnt do it justice. But when your wifes first reaction is "gross look at her boobs". it kinda ruined it for me.

I bought it through tfaw.com, I'm going to call and see what they say. It shows they have more in stock sooooooo we will see what happens. And I love my Harley that I got from them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back