DC Animated The Dark Knight Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Peter Weller cast in "The Dark Knight Returns"

Every time WB announces one of these animated films, I keep remembering that we STILL don't have a Mask Of The Phantasm Bluray. :impatient:

did the voice of an older Wayne in Batman Beyond, and I thought it was great. It wasn't really any different than his regular Batman voice as I recall, but it didn't seem to make a huge difference to me.

I'm fine with other guys doing Batman's voice, honestly, but Conroy IS Batman's voice to me now, so I can't imagine anyone doing a better job of it. For this specific film, I think it's OK because he's a grittier Batman than the B:TAS version.

I wanted to mention that, but I would've been more disparaging about it and would've angered some fans. Conroy's old-man Bruce voice sounds pretty much the same as his normal Bruce. Maybe chalk it up to the directing, but remembering that performance helped me accept this news of Weller playing the old TDKR Bruce, who is fairly different compared to the BB Bruce.

This guy.

clarencebodickerwithhissmugface.jpg

It's really a shame this isn't getting a theatrical release. I think it'd earn a decent box office take with just those still chomping at the bit for more Batman after TDKR, let alone the huge fandom the comic itself has earned. :(

It's really a shame this isn't getting a theatrical release. I think it'd earn a decent box office take with just those still chomping at the bit for more Batman after TDKR, let alone the huge fandom the comic itself has earned. :(

I completely agree. This material deserves and is worthy of a bolder presentation, and now would be the ideal time to do it.

Not really a fan of the animated DC films but this looks really good. I'm looking forward to it.

The problem is too many sheeple think Nolanverse! when they see "The Dark Knight..." in the title. :( It would be problematic for WB to market it properly. This is especially sad since none of the films even approach the masterpiece that is THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS.

I'd love to see a live action The Dark Knight Returns film. And older, gruff, Batman that's fed up with the world, Joker, Superman, it would make fore a very good film.

By Zack Snyder. :D

I'd love to see a live action The Dark Knight Returns film. And older, gruff, Batman that's fed up with the world, Joker, Superman, it would make fore a very good film.

IMHO, as much as I love the story, it wouldn't translate good to live action.

You don't think so? The graphic novel felt very cinematic and the story is nice and solid.

The only thing that would be weird is the casting. You'd have to have the perfect cast to pull it off. Other than that though the story and settings are a good one.

Back