DC Animated: Justice League- Throne of Atlantis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New DC animated JLA movie. It's a sequel to last years Justice League: War. I thought this one had a lot of potential but fell flat. The ending was especially weak.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Still, I'm happy they finally focused on an origin story for Aquaman. Will add this one to my ever expanding DC Animated BluRay collection.
:rock

Last edited:
I've liked most of the animated movies. Wonder Woman was great and Under the Red Hood was the absolute best of these, in my opinion. Still makes me wish they would make more movies from the old DCAU with Justice League and all.

I'd love to see some more movies with the tv series art style. I'd also like to see them do some older comic book story lines like Kingdome Come and Superman Red Son.

Yeah, don't read if you haven't seen it. :wink1:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Had an Email today that my copy has been dispatched...should be here next week can't wait to see it.

I do concur though I'd love to see them revisit some of the older stuff.
There is so much amazing back catalogue stuff they could do instead of pushing forward with the much much weaker New 52 stories

Still whatever they do I'll keep buying

Neil

I thought Throne of Atlantis was pretty solid. It's definitely a step above War but still a little below Flashpoint for me. The animation and fight scenes were great, especially with Mera. But I did feel like they did condense a lot of stuff with Arthur.

I'm looking forward to Batman Vs Robin, but I have to agree with Soundwave about DCAU tackling the pre-52 stories. I'd love to see stuff like KC, The Long Halloween, TKJ, Hush, Sinestro War, etc.

How would you guys rate the DC Animated Films in order from best to worst?

The good ones:

Superman: Doomsday
Justice League: The New Frontier
Batman: Gotham Knight
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

The bad ones:

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
- Boooooriiing!

Batman: Year One
- Amazingly offers nothing interesting. Read the comics instead.

Justice League: War
-Blander that a trip to the DMV, just watch the 2001 Series instead.

Son of Batman
- They did the impossible- they made the first Batman movie so boring, it has the power to put you to sleep.

The REALLY god ones that you should NOT miss:

Wonder Woman
-This should be the standard or writing origin stories.

All-Star Superman
-Was as tear inducing as the book, which is VERY.

Justice League: Doom
-A fun JL movie that harkens back to the 2001 series.

Superman vs. The Elite
-Simply a superhero movie for everyone. If only Man of Steel was half this good.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
-THIS is how you make an adaptation.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
-Probably some of DC's best movies ever made.

Last edited:
Cool thanks. Is All Star Superman the one with Brainiac? Or the one where he's dying from radiation or something? I think I have yet to see the New Frontier yet.

That's tough because they've made so many. I'd probably say The Dark Knight Returns: Deluxe Edition is my favorite, though. It's hard for me to say what their worst is, though, as I've liked all of them that I've seen, and there are still a couple that I haven't seen.

Cool thanks. Is All Star Superman the one with Brainiac? Or the one where he's dying from radiation or something? I think I have yet to see the New Frontier yet.

The one with Brainiac was Superman: Unbound, but I've yet to watch that nor did I include the Green Lantern movies because I never gotten around watching those too but yeah, All-Star was the one where Supes was dying from radiation. They should have retitled it: Superman: Bucket List.

That's tough because they've made so many. I'd probably say The Dark Knight Returns: Deluxe Edition is my favorite, though. It's hard for me to say what their worst is, though, as I've liked all of them that I've seen, and there are still a couple that I haven't seen.

I love TDKR, it's definitely THE adaptation that raised the bar. What are the ones you haven't seen?

I haven't seen GL:First Flight, Assault on Arkham, or Throne of Atlantis. I do think it's funny (and kind of speaks volumes about the film) how you totally forgot Superman:Unbound in your list.:lol

I've seen them all and can't really say that I didn't like one of them. They're all entertaining and it's cool to see the different art styles like Cooke's The New Frontier, McGuinness's S/B Public Enemies, Turner's S/B Apocalypse, Quitely's All-Star Superman, etc. My biggest complaint about the films is that they're generally too short for the stories they try to tell. Everything seems rushed and, as a comic book fan, I don't like seeing some stuff skipped over. I'm sure the general public doesn't care because they don't know the story is missing pieces but it bothers me. To be honest, as much as I love the story I don't want to see an 80-90 minute animated Kingdom Come. I mean, I'll still buy the damn thing and watch it because I have to have all of these damn movies, but I'd prefer they gave it the time it deserves.

I haven't seen GL:First Flight, Assault on Arkham, or Throne of Atlantis. I do think it's funny (and kind of speaks volumes about the film) how you totally forgot Superman:Unbound in your list.:lol

I never finished Unbound, I have no idea how the movie is but it didn't gripped me for the first half an hour. Or maybe it's because it will be tough to top All Star Superman and Superman vs The Elite. Those two are the epitome of Superman. :lecture

Oh, and Assault on Arkham is really good, it ties in nicely with the videogames and I love that Batman has only about 10 minutes of screen time.

I've seen them all and can't really say that I didn't like one of them. They're all entertaining and it's cool to see the different art styles like Cooke's The New Frontier, McGuinness's S/B Public Enemies, Turner's S/B Apocalypse, Quitely's All-Star Superman, etc. My biggest complaint about the films is that they're generally too short for the stories they try to tell. Everything seems rushed and, as a comic book fan, I don't like seeing some stuff skipped over. I'm sure the general public doesn't care because they don't know the story is missing pieces but it bothers me. To be honest, as much as I love the story I don't want to see an 80-90 minute animated Kingdom Come. I mean, I'll still buy the damn thing and watch it because I have to have all of these damn movies, but I'd prefer they gave it the time it deserves.

All the more reason to adapt a short story like The Killing Joke. I have no idea what's taking DC so long. :lol

I'm not a big fan of Aquaman, but I will more than likely see this, as I've haven't missed one of these movies at all thus far. I thought Flash Paradox, All Star Superman, Under the Red Hood, and Year One are some of my favs.

Just saw Wonder Woman, Ares kept reminding me of HT Cloud :lol Wonder if someone ever made a custom out of him, haha

Just saw this, and man is it bad. Story and plot all over the place and its getting tiring when all the JL crew can't beat one main bad guy. Superman and Shazam being gods are useless in the new 52 story.

Back