DC 13 Black Canary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you Drizzle. DCD can do so much better, but the reason I keep buying them is that for me I consider these as modern mego equivalents with quirky toy-like qualities, so I'm a little less critical of their lack of realism (and I generally like their look out of the box). But still I do wish they get on the ball and fix the outstanding issues and without making the new improved ones incompatible with the older set. Like what Andy did with Canary's head-sculpt: the slightly bigger head and hair already make huge improvements in terms of proportions and I hope the sculptors continue doing this in the future. Please no more cut joints!!!!

I can see that. I'd love to be able to accept them as you have, and be happy that they are improving, but with so many characters I like already made, my guess is you'd never see improved versions, and that would keep me out of it. Be nice if they could make you guys replacement hand sets or something (like Dragon used to do) to at least fix that problem, and some nude base bodies, so you could switch where you feel a physique change is warranted, but I'm guessing DCD is a little hard-headed, and won't bother.

Memecomplex, I like your fitzing on Canary.
Just pushing her belt down lower on her hips seems to make a big difference.
I didn't think BC even had a belt.
Nice pix.

I agree with you Drizzle. DCD can do so much better, but the reason I keep buying them is that for me I consider these as modern mego equivalents with quirky toy-like qualities, so I'm a little less critical of their lack of realism (and I generally like their look out of the box). But still I do wish they get on the ball and fix the outstanding issues and without making the new improved ones incompatible with the older set. Like what Andy did with Canary's head-sculpt: the slightly bigger head and hair already make huge improvements in terms of proportions and I hope the sculptors continue doing this in the future. Please no more cut joints!!!!

I don't know that DCD could do much better, but certainly SSC, HT or even Medicom could. But since they are comic based, not reality, I find it much easier to forgive or even embrace what others might see as aesthetic imperfections (such as pinheads), but still chaffe at the technical imperfections (such as lack of a more articulated wrist). I think that's why the movie figures are much harder to take for me - they just don't look like real people. However for the comic based look, they're great.

Not that this has to do with Black Canary directly, but I got that DC Direct Deluxe Green Arrow, and despite all my best efforts to avoid the buckle break while applying the belt and quiver strap the piece of S%#$ broke. And of course the hands were far worse than I thought they would be.

What a huge letdown, even though I saw it coming....

I mean, THE LAST DC DIRECT purchase I ever make.

If 13" is too big try this barbie figure, with a sideshow or BBI female body. Ive see the barbie black canart and it looks pretty good.

I experimented with the new barbie wonder woman on a sideshow female body and although you have to do some work, it came out looking great.

Show some pics of your customs. I've been experimenting with the Barbie costumes on other figures myself also.

Actually with the right pose and the right amount of futzing, Black Canary is one of the best figures released so far. The costuming is pretty good, but the headsculpt from Andy is just completely and utterly spectacular. Her face exudes power, beauty, grace, poise and confidence in a single neutral expression - amazing! Her face sculpt reminds me a little of Michelle Pfeifer, maybe her head goes well as a Catwoman custom! And Andy's also managed to make Canary's head and face (with that hair) bigger than the rest making her more proportionate with the too lanky 13" body.

And no with the right pose her boobs do not seem too big at all, no bigger than that of a standard superheroine anyways.

87f7e0d2.jpg

a8f953ad.jpg

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. :D

Black Canary is awesome! She just keeps growing on me more and more. I fixed the issue I had with the super inflated chest, by transplanting the body with another Supergirl body that I picked up. The skin tone matches perfectly except I have one minor issue now:
BlackCanaryTorso.jpg

As everyone can see, the blue and red from the Supergirl costume has left some dye on her lower neck and shoulder area
BlackCanaryNeck.jpg

BlackCanaryClose.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can remove the dye without damaging the rubber body?

Major bump but I just got this! The hands were a mf putting on but I like it. She sexy.

2012-11-24_10-18-16_383.jpg

2012-11-24_10-40-01_804.jpg

Last edited:
1,2 punch
DSC03125.jpg

RAHHHH
DSC03139.jpg

Don't forget yo jacket gurrrrrrl
DSC03129.jpg

Run, b!#%h, run!!
DSC03117.jpg

2 heads are always better
DSC03121.jpg

In up close pics, it's clear she needs to fire her makeup artist, but my eyes don't zoom in like Dark Angel so it's all good. I like posing this, practice before my Black Widow comes!

Last edited:
Back