David Prowse has cancer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have thyroid cancer. The C-word is pretty scary and I hope David Prowse makes it through his.

Oh, thank you so much. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine, I just relate to the thread a little. David Prowse is way more tragic than my case. I never met him, but I always wanted to since I learned he used to go to conventions in full costume and pose with fans. Darth Vader (and Willy Wonka, heh) was my first childhood crush, so I hold a fond place for the man.

To say Cancer sucks is such an understatement. Lost a girlfriend to it 10 years ago. My Dad was diagnosed w/ pancreatic back in Decmber. He passed away 4 weeks ago.

Deepest condolences Qrest. I wish the best for you and your family.

I have thyroid cancer. The C-word is pretty scary and I hope David Prowse makes it through his.

Kick it's ass. :lightsabe

It sounds like Prowse is in a good position. I really hope it goes well for him. I think if I were to ever want to meet a Star Wars actor, it would be him.

I don't know, if I lived 30+ years being loved as a film icon, I think I'd feel like I had a pretty cool life by 73. He's probably lived in happy retirement for most of that.

IMO a full life encompasses what someone did do, not what they didn't do. You can live for 1000 years and always have something you wish you did, if thats what life is about or how people look at your life.

For me, I plan to achieve what I want to achieve before 73, so that whatever happens to me by that time, even if I die in a burning car wreck or fall off a cliff it won't be a tragedy for people to be like "poor guy".

I like to honor the lives and health of older people, not mourne their passing or sicknesses.

Young people that die early, thats another thing.

I guess if that is what you want then so be it. However, some others may have more goals. Some goals that can't even be met at 73. IMO to assume that someone is passing at 73 and they should just be okay with it because by your terms they should have lived a good a life is very insensitive. If I am taking your posts out of context I apologize but I am fairly certain that is your point.

It's not how you die but how you lived that counts. For we all must die but it is our choice how we live and what we leave behind. Mourn their leaving but celebrate their life if they lived it well. Mr Prowse best of luck to you, you have made such a positive impact on so many people's lives. And best of luck to anyone having to face cancer or any potentially life taking illness as so many of us have had to.

It's not how you die but how you lived that counts. For we all must die but it is our choice how we live and what we leave behind. Mourn their leaving but celebrate their life if they lived it well. Mr Prowse best of luck to you, you have made such a positive impact on so many people's lives. And best of luck to anyone having to face cancer or any potentially life taking illness as so many of us have had to.

Exactly! :clap

i wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. it's a horrible, horrible thing.
my thoughts go out to all here who have been affected by it in some way.

and hope the force is still strong with Mr. Prowse.

so he can give cancer a hard :emperor in the a$$.

This exactly what I mean, but I'm a bit crass in saying it. The life you lived is what counts. Death is the expected end and thus cannot be avoided, so remember the life and don't take death as such a tragedy, especially at a ripe age.

I don't think trying to emphasize to be happy about a well lived life is insensitive to death.

Back