Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks, I have a fresh one built up just for this pieces arrival tomorrow. I was going to do the dioder lights tonight. My 1/6th Kylo holds his saber in a similar angle, and I know what you're talking about in that regard. I couldn't fit another figure on the shelf with him because of that, but he fits due to just being a 12".

Are you saying that even if I placed him in the back corner, that the saber would still hit glass? The obvious plan is to remove the lower shelf so he sits on the base, which should have a little more square inches to work with I think.

QQ

Ya, zero possibilty. The blade sticks out too far no matter how you spin him.

Awesome pics guys. Disappointing news about the light up on the belt. Quality on that front seems a little suspect. Overall though is seems like this piece came out nicely.

bonus noisy shot :)

28649958121_166a771910_b.jpg

Nice display Drakul! :clap

I put Leia on his base to measure the scale and realized Vader has a lot of extra real estate on that base. If you were brave enough (I'm not) you could probably drill a small peg hole for the 1/4 Leia and fit her on it too.

13912807_10157275358420451_5874850425429508411_n.jpg13925198_10157275362545451_3742733233731170704_n.jpg13901583_10157275362425451_5576726606038481255_n.jpgVaderpoint.jpg

Moose you have a lot of weight on the shelf. I'm not judging but that must be a heavy duty case. It's pretty nice though.

Here is my backdrop painted. Don't care if the color is perfect. I'm not happy with the wood. I sanded and sanded and I still have splintering so after this dries overnight I'll pick them off. Bottom line I'll be redoing it later on for sure.

I considered getting one of those car wrap places to make me wrap for the pieces and be done with it but that would be cheesy but I am going to have them or someone make me white capsule stickers for the front part. I'll use this since it's not that bad and search for something that chips and splinters less. Oh yeah and get the non offset teeth hole saw. I guess I could order it machined lol no way $$$$$ plus I made this myself image.jpg

Moose you have a lot of weight on the shelf. I'm not judging but that must be a heavy duty case. It's pretty nice though.

Ya it is, was a display case I bought from a local car dealership for 75 bucks cause they wanted it gone and didn't want to store it due to the size. Lucked out big time on that one.

He looks great. Still think the large base is a tad bit unnecessary but this still looks like a win. Congrats to all who got him.

My belt won't light up either. If anyone finds a fix please post.

My Vader shipped without its cape as well and the AA battery's that it came with were all dented.

Contacting SSC...

Sideshow Customer support was terrific and sent along the following information. Hope it's useful for everyone. My Vader now works perfectly and looks fantastic. Sideshow's notes are below:

For the batteries in the belt piece, the battery on the right (closest to the very edge of the belt strap) should be placed with the positive side facing up, while the battery on the left (closer to the actual light-up panels) should be placed with the positive side facing down.

For the chest piece, there is only one battery, which should be placed with the positive side facing up.

I hope this helps you with getting this piece all lit up! Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sideshow Customer support was terrific and sent along the following information. Hope it's useful for everyone. My Vader now works perfectly and looks fantastic. Sideshow's notes are below:

For the batteries in the belt piece, the battery on the right (closest to the very edge of the belt strap) should be placed with the positive side facing up, while the battery on the left (closer to the actual light-up panels) should be placed with the positive side facing down.

For the chest piece, there is only one battery, which should be placed with the positive side facing up.

I hope this helps you with getting this piece all lit up! Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks Rugby. That worked....now I just need my cape..

The cape is tricky to find, there is a little panel on the outside of the styrofoam packing, it isn't inside with all the other pieces.
My saber is cracked it still lights up except the tip.
Will try the battery combo. I didn't see a spot in the chest box for a battery placement.

The cape is tricky to find, there is a little panel on the outside of the styrofoam packing, it isn't inside with all the other pieces.
My saber is cracked it still lights up except the tip.
Will try the battery combo. I didn't see a spot in the chest box for a battery placement.

Haha what would I do with out you guys... Cape is there as you said...

Thanks

Will

Thanks! I'm going to try this in a sec.

Back